Inspiration for Your Holiday Decorating and More!

    Greetings Dear Friends!  How was your day?  I've been working on all kinds of fun things today, including a tablescape for Tablescape Thursday.  One bit of exciting news:  the blue and white pumpkin I submitted in the Country Living Facebook Contest ended up winning the most "Like" votes.  Thanks so much to everyone who took time to vote!



    Several folks have asked what prize the winner receives.  The winner receives 10 yards of Waverly fabric.  Waverly makes some of the most beautiful fabric you've ever seen, so I'm excited and nervous at the same time about having won.  I haven't done a huge amount of sewing in my lifetime...just a few costumes shared in THIS post and some pillows for a 4th of July porch shared in THIS post.  Something tells me there may be a sewing project in the works here on BNOTP before long.  If/when that happens, I promise to share it all with you--after all YOU were the catalyst behind this--from start to finish!

    Stylist Home:
    The Huffington Post has a new website devoted to design and DIY, called Stylist Home.


    I discovered their site when they contacted me recently to ask about featuring one of my previous napkin folds.  If you're looking for some fun ideas for a future tablescape or DIY design project, or if you just want to check out the napkin fold they chose to feature on their site, you'll find it at Stylist Home.

    ♦Julia added a fabulous sunroom to her home a while back and she's been busy decorating it for fall.  I love the new lamp and ottomans she just bought for this beautiful room.  Hooked on Houses



    ♦Need some inspiration for your holiday mantel this year?  Melissa's wonderful mantel was featured in Cottages & Bungalows!   The Inspired Room



    Kathleen made whimsical wreaths using vintage toys.  I love these!



    What a wonderful way to feature vintage or collectible toys!  Do you have any from your childhood?



    Liz (Infuse with Liz) decorates her chandeliers with wreaths each year.  She said, "The wreaths were hung at the bottom of the chandeliers using plastic tie wraps to fasten them. The one at the dining table came with a few pine cones and then I added picks and ornaments.



    "The red accented one has a garland of sparkly decorated balls that I laid on the top and then I hung the ornaments randomly with hooks underneath."

    I don't know about you, but this has my wheels turning!  Would love to do this with my breakfast room chandelier.



    The Charmed Life Giveaway:
    The winner for The Charmed Life Giveaway has been announced on the giveaway post, HERE.  Thanks to everyone who entered!  I'm having trouble reaching the winner...hope she sees this post!

    See you tomorrow for Tablescape Thursday!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews