Decorating for Valentine's Day: Welcome to the 160th Metamorphosis Monday!

    Valentine's Day is tomorrow.  I love that holiday.  How can you not love a day that's all about chocolate, romance and  LOVE! 

    It makes me smile when I remember bringing Valentine's Day cards to school.   If I close my eyes, I can still see all the colorful construction-paper folders we made and decorated.  They were strung along the wall where they patiently waited to be filled with sweet valentines.

    When February 14th arrived, the classroom became a little bee's nest as we scurried around carefully placing the tiny envelopes in the correct folders.  Do you remember the night before, reading the valentines and carefully choosing just the right valentine card for each friend, especially if that friend was your classroom crush?

    Oh, the excitement of opening the valentines the next day!  I always wondered what those little envelopes would hold.  Would it be candy, a message from a "secret admirer" or just a friendly valentine?  Maybe it was all those Nancy Drew books I was reading.  Whatever it was, I loved and still love the mystery and intrigue of this special day.

    This Valentine's Day, my crush is you.  Will you be my Valentine?  ♥  Check: Yes √ or  No √.  ;)



    The guest bedroom received a little Valentine's Day decorating.



    I fell in love with this cute garland from Pier 1.  It's made from a very heavy, felt type material.  At first I thought I'd just make my own...until I realized it was only $6.  I don't think I could make it for that.







    A pretty pink ribbon held the garland in place.






    Even the daffodils were excited about Valentine's Day this year, blooming a whole month early so they could lend their sweet scent to this special day.



    In case you're wondering why there's a butter dish (complete with a knife no less) there on the secretary, it will make sense in THIS post.  There really is method to my madness...well, most of the time.





    I was hoping you might be stopping by so I have a little Valentine's Day treat ready.   Love this heart shaped napkin fold.  I'll create a tutorial for it soon...it super easy to make.



    I hope all your Valentine's Day wishes come true...and then some.



    You'll find  additional Valentine's Day craft, decorating and table setting ideas under the "Holiday" category at the top of this blog.

     Happy Valentine's Day! ♥ 



    Looking forward to all the Before and Afters for this Metamorphosis Monday!

    To receive the latest posts, as well as updates about blog parties, subscribe via an RSS Reader or have BNOTP delivered right to your Inbox.  You'll find links to subscribe via RSS and Email on the sidebar to the right.  Thanks for reading; so glad you are here!

    Reading this post via e-mail or RSS feed?
    *If you are reading this via email or RSS feed, to view all the Before and Afters linked for Metamorphosis Monday, click HERE.


    Metamorphosis Monday:
    If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday you will need to link up the "permalink" to your MM post and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top of your blog, into the "url" box for InLinkz.

    In order to link up, you'll need to include a link in your MM post back to the party.

    If you'd like to include the MM button in your post, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo under the "BNOTP Parties" header at the top of this blog.

    PLEASE DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks!

    Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course.

    Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

Total Pageviews