July 2011: A Look in the Rear-View Mirror

    I've been seeing quite a few "Month in Review" posts around blogland, and it seemed like a great idea. If you missed a post during the month of July, or maybe there was one you wanted to revisit to bookmark for later, this will provide a quick review, complete with links.  Just click on the link to view that post in its entirety.

    I posted 30 times during the month of July...here's a little look back in the ole rear-view mirror.

    I shared a fun, easy to make Patriotic Napkin Ring Tutorial:



    We took a wonderful home tour down Main Street America, with each home proudly flying the colors for Independence Day:



    I shared a complete transformation of the porch for the 4th of July:



    In a post titled, "Party on the Titanic," I gave you a peak into my messy kitchen and laundry room the day after a 4th of July party on the porch.  Yikes!



    I shared a sneaky way to use an old leaky graniteware pitcher for a floral arrangement:



    The post that got the 2nd most comments (porch transformation got the most) and hit home with a lot of readers was the one asking, "What would you do if your guests arrived half an hour early?"  The comments on that post were better than the post itself!  You guys have had some crazy, frustrating and sometimes funny situations.  Thanks for sharing those!  The best part of any post is always your comments!



    I shared a recipe for a yummy Bourbon Peach Trifle I make every summer.  A few folks tried it and have reported back. :)



    Later in the month, I posted a recipe for a refreshing summertime salad made with Arugula, goat cheese and a fresh berry dressing



    As well as recipe for this awesome Sparkling Pomegranate Punch



    We celebrated the 150th Tablescape Thursday.  Thank-you for 150 awesome weeks of beautiful table settings!



    We took a tour of the movie house in Father of the Bride:



    I posted a tutorial HERE showing how to make this Pottery Barn inspired wood flag for $14 using sign stakes:



    We took a little poll on how you feel about using the "good" towels when you're a guest in someones home.   Loved the opinions you expressed in the comments on that post and the follow-up post HERE.



    I shared two beachy tablescapes I created:

    Coastal Summer Table Setting:



    Seaside Treasures



    I also shared a breathtaking Ladies Breakfast table setting from my friend, Cornelia:



    We toured Dustin's pantry restoration in his beautiful 1912 home:



    Giveaways:
    We had two wonderful Giveaways: A Kindle from Michael Lee West and a $50 Shopping Spree at French Bleu Vintage.   Have you visited the BNOTP Sponsors?  If not, you're are in for a treat.  They know what BNOTP readers like so you're going to love a visit to their shop or site.  You'll find all the links to the right on the sidebar.  Enjoy!


    We took a tour of this gorgeous 1850 home:



    And we toured this adorable, recently restored cottage:



    I shared a fun video of a lipdub by some "youngsters" at Clark Retirement Community.  By the way, it's gone completely viral on You Tube with over 1 million views!!! :)  And you helped!



    We enjoyed a beautiful bath renovation in my friend, Mary's home:



    We had some fun discussing Mr. Squirrels developing taste for hot seed:



    There was a new addition to my Sewcroff (Sewing/Craft room/Office).  Do you see her over there in the corner?  Thanks so much for all the suggestions of names.  They were awesome!  Now I just need to decide on one and dress her up a bit.



    We took a gander at my friend, Jan's wonderful bottle tree. My bottle tree is jealous!



    We scoped out some cute tables that are similar to one in the movie, Something's Gotta Give.  And Joni and Laura told us where we could find the actual table itself, which is called the "Nantucket Side Table."



    Toward the end of the month, we took another movie house tour, touring the home and set of It's Complicated.



    And we ended the month with an update of the ongoing restoration of the historic Tyson-Stedham home.  The bath is turning out beautifully!


    Whew! It was a busy, busy month! :)  I think I left off a couple of posts (like the pressure washing of the house, porches and decks) but this pretty much covers the highlights.  Did you like this month in review post?  Was it helpful having all July's links in one spot?

    If you have a restoration/renovation you'd like to share, send me 5-10 clear, non-flash pics (betweennapsontheporchatgmaildotcom).  I can't promise, but I may be able to share them on BNOTP.   I'd love to see what you've been renovating/decorating in your home!

    To view all the beautiful tablescapes posted for yesterday's Tablescape Thursday, click HERE.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews