Found: A "Something's Gotta Give" Table...Sort Of

    A while back I shared a tour of the wonderful beach house in the movie, Something's Gotta Give, HERE. In one of the scenes in the movie, specifically this scene in the bedroom of  the main character Erica Barry (played by Diane Keaton) I spied the cutest little table.  Well actually, it isn't that little, but it's definitely cute.

    Just prior to watching the movie, I had been on an all out quest for a small chest to go beside the green and white floral Rosalie chair in my office.  Since I hadn't been able to find a chest I liked, I started looking for a table like the one pictured in this scene.




    In the end, I found the chest I really wanted, so all turned out well.  (You can read about that in THIS post.)



    It's a good thing I found the chest because it turns out the table in the movie, Something's Gotta Give was definitely more than my office budget would allow.  (Pssst:  If you're looking for the table in Something's Gotta Give, Rose Tarlow carries it and it's called the Nantucket Side Table.  You'll find a link to the Nantucket table in THIS  post.)



    During my search for an affordable table like the Nantucket table, I came across this table below at another online store, Cottage Chic.   Notice the similarities.  I loved it, too...but again, at $636.00, it was more than I wanted to spend.



    So, imagine my surprise when I was shopping in Marshall's and spied this cute thing.  Hold the phone!   It looks a lot like those other tables, doesn't it?  It's called a "Fleur De Lis Round Accent Table."  The design does look like an upside down fleur-de-lis.




    It's a fair amount smaller, but it's also just $79.99!  I had exactly $80 left on a gift certificate I've been carrying around for a while, so I went for it. I think I know where I'm going to use it...just trying to decide if I'll paint it a different color or leave it as is.  I'm pretty sure I'll paint it....maybe with some of the Annie Sloan chalk paint.  By the way, if you live in the Atlanta area and you like this table, they still have one more left in the Smyrna store.  Did you know Julia Roberts hails from Smyrna?  Yup, it's true...random trivia fact thrown in for fun. :)



    So, what color would you paint it?  I definitely want to leave the darker tones in the grooves visible to accent the carving.  Would love to know your suggestions.  I guess I should show you where I'm thinking about using it, huh?  That would help, wouldn't it?

    I'm thinking about placing it here in front of the bookshelves with a small chair beside it.  Sometimes I need another small chair in this room, a chair someone can pull over to the computer when we're looking at something together.  I tried it out this evening and the table fits nicely over there since it's not very big around.  I think it will be pretty there with the backdrop of the bookshelves.



    Should I paint it a cream color, similar to the other colors in the room, or a  nice accent color that pops again the shelves?  I'm leaning toward an accent color.   HERE's a link to this space if you would like to see the other colors in the office.   I'm pretty sure I don't want to paint it green...have enough of that color in here already.

    Do you like Annie Sloan paint?  Have you ever used it?  I haven't used it, yet...but I hear it's great.  



    See you tomorrow morning for Tablescape Thursday!

    Update:  Lizabeth found it in a cream color in her local TJ Maxx.  After a brief search, I located it in our TJ Maxx, too.  Still not sure if I'm going to keep it...trying to decide if I do want a seating group in that area of the office or not.  Thanks Lizabeth for alerting me to the cream color!  I like this color much better.


Blog Archive

Total Pageviews