A Month of Sundays

    Want to know what I’ve been doing every Sunday morning for the last month and half? 

    headboard

    ………working with my father in his workshop building not just one but TWO complete bed sets!  We’re almost finished with the assembly then it’s on to sanding, priming, and painting!!!! 

    These matching headboards will belong to my boys, whom have never had a headboard.  {I’m a bad mommy}  My oldest son wants black and for my youngest son’s room I’ve ……well……I’ve changed my mind at least a half a dozen times.   Brown   -   Red  -   Brown  -    Blue   -  Red   -   Blue.    In fact, my Dad jokingly will ask, “ What color is it this week?”     I’m currently set on blue.  It’s just paint right? 

    I saw a plan for a headboard over at Knock Off Wood.  We didn’t follow the plans but it did give a general size and material list.  Actually, it’s more of a Pottery Barn Hudson Collection knock~off!

    Hudson Bed & Chifforobe Set

                                         {Pottery Barn – Hudson Collection}

    The original idea was to make each of the boys’ headboard different but I grew a bit impatient and decide it would be easier {and faster} to make two identical bed sets.  Actually my dad is ready to rap up this project and have his workshop back in order. {he probably wouldn’t mind having his Sunday mornings back either. he he}

    Have a wonderful day,

    Carrie

Total Pageviews