Pasta Bread Bowls

     

    My family was introduced to these fabulous “Pasta Bread Bowls” from Domino’s .  Have you tried them?  They’re delicious and full of carbs….. but I did mention…… fabulously delicious!!!  and oh so worth every fat~filled bite.

    _MG_0356

    Wanting to do something fun for a Friday night dinner, I decided to try my hand at making them at home. 

    The Bread:

    I made a basic white bread dough in my bread machine.  {so far… so easy}

    The Filling:

    Dice up a little over a pound of skinless boneless chicken and sauté in a little EVO and a Tbsp. minced garlic.  At the same time cook the pasta noodles.   When the pasta is cooked, toss in with the chicken and cover with alfredo sauce.  {I used Bertolli Garlic Alfredo but I think next time I’ll go the distance and make it the sauce homemade.}

    The Preparation:

    Divide the dough.  {I was able to get 8 generous bread bowls from a 2 lb bread dough.}  Roll the dough out into a circle.  Transfer to a pizza stone and punch down the center.  Lightly brush the dough with butter!  {forget the diet for one meal and enjoy yourself}  Spoon the pasta~chicken filling into the center of the dough.  Heap up the filling a little more than you think because the dough around the edge will rise.  Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese over the filling.

    Bake:

    450 degrees for 10-15 minutes

    _MG_0362

    Now I’ll have to find a copy~cat recipe for Domino’s Chocolate Lava Cakes!!!!   Yummy…..

     

    Enjoy,

    Carrie

Total Pageviews