Special Treat Jar

    I turned this clear jar {found at the local thrift store} into a special treat jar for our two dogs, Abby and Rooty!

    The kids have started school this week and I’m thankful to be back on a schedule.  I’m also thankful to have a few less kids at my house.  You see, my home has become the “FUN” house and the  place to  “hang~out” for a few local teenagers this summer.  I’m not completely complaining because I’d rather have my kids hanging out at my house {where I know exactly what they’re doing} but it is nice to have my house to myself and my three kids, even if it’s only until  3pm  {they’re still dropping by after school!}

    _MG_0509Enough of my tirade…. let’s get back to the project. 

    _MG_0500As always….. I must add  vinyl.

    _MG_0503 Along with a ribbon ruffle and a wired shape dog bone. 

    {See previous post on how to create an easy ribbon ruffle}  

    I have the largest spool of copper wire.  I have owned it for years and yet have never used it before.  I decided to spend last evening playing around with the wire by bending and twisting it in to the shape of a dog bone.  Once I was happy, I primed and painted the wire black.

    _MG_0504

    I loved this jar for its wide mouth!   It’s so easy to fit your hand in and pull out a doggy treat.

    _MG_0505

    I’m lovin my Dog Treat Jar!  Such a nicer way to store the puppy treats than in those plastic bags.   

    Linking to these Fabulous Friday  and Saturday Parties

    Have you done something special for your pet today?

    Carrie

Total Pageviews