Sweet 16 Party

    My beautiful daughter had her 16th birthday this past Saturday!  We planned a small party in less than 24 hours.  NO ~ I didn’t forget her birthday…. and…. I wasn’t trying to deny the fact that she’s growing up {okay, maybe just a little in denial}…………………. 

    I really had every intentions to do a really nice party for her.  The whole works…. big balloons, Limo, party dresses, fireworks, photo booth, DJ………………………..

    It just didn’t come together like that.   First of all, most of  her friends ended up being out of town, at camp, or working. {bummer} Then, the birthday girl had to work on her birthday! {double bummer} 

    I decide on Friday that I would put a small party together with a few friends and family for her birthday on Saturday.   I know, nothing like waiting to the last minute. 

    Picnik collage

    _MG_0370

    I found these adorable cupcake liners at the grocery store. I know…. aren’t they awesome!!!! 

    Picnik collage 4

    I had the “Olivia’s Sweet 16” banner ordered a week before. {on the off chance we would have a party}  I spotted it on a “hot deals” website  for only $5.98!!!  I couldn’t pass up a deal like that!

    Picnik collage 5

    I had to do all my quick shopping for food and party supplies at our local Wal-mart (which isn’t super sized)  and the grocery store.  I tried to serve all of the birthday girl’s favorite foods….. Dr. Pepper, Doritos, potato salad, Subway party platter, cheesecake, chocolate cupcakes, and ice cream with all the toppings!!!  

    Picnik collage 2

    The birthday girl gets a hug and a birthday wish from daddy!

    Picnik collage 3

    And just because your sixteen doesn’t mean you get out of having a birthday spanking!!!!  Followed by a hug…. courtesy from Papa! 

    We all had a good laugh and I think it’s become a requirement in my family to embarrass you on your special day in front of your friends and loved ones.  Not to worry…… Everyone gets a turn!

    Happy 16th Birthday Sweet Olivia!!! 

     

    Love,

    Carrie {aka MOM}

     

Total Pageviews