Oil and Vinegar Cruets

     

    I was in need for some cruet bottles.  See my kids {most of the time} would rather eat at a sub~shop than most other fast food places.  With school back in session, we will be making a lot of subs for lunches at home.  I found these bottles at the local Wal-mart. {ohh how I wished I lived closer to a Target}  They were a little plain, so I add some vinyl. 

    _MG_0834

    {oil and vinegar cruets}

    I had in mind a really ornate font, however when I couldn’t find a FREE font that I liked, I decide to make my own ornate font. 

    Used SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) program to create my own font

    1. Start measuring out a square about 2x2”
    2. Find a corner design with lots of scroll work and copied it four times
    3. Make 2 corners small and the other 2 corners a bit larger 
    4. Placing the 2 small corners opposite of each other on the square and repeat with the large corners
    5. Find a font “V” and “O” that you like and place on top of the corners.
    6. Click “WELD”.   Now you have a square, 4 corners, and a letter that will cut out as one!

    _MG_0826

    _MG_0814

     Now I’ve got my eyes out for a small plate or basket to hold the oil and vinegar cruets! 

    Linking to these Blog Parties

     

      XO’s,

    Carrie

     

Total Pageviews