GROW UP!

    The boys are growing up and now it's time for the bathroom to do the same. I hated to say good-bye to the cute adorable blue and yellow nautical theme. But I'm liking the change! and change is good. Right? I've been following Christopher Lowell's 7 layers of design. Well sort of......

    1. Paint & Architecture ( painted the ceiling: Glidden "Warm Caramel", the walls: Behr custom color match from Glidden "Mexican Springs", and the vanity: Benjamin Moore "Iron Clad Black". I was bit nervous to paint the builders standard vanity but I just loooove it! So classy. Do I dare to paint the powder bathroom?


    2. Installing Floor (slate tile for Lowes) I am hoping to install the quarter round molding and toilet today. That will complete step #2!


    4. Accent Fabrics (shower curtain from Ikea) skipped layer #3: Upholstered Furnture.
    Curved shower rod (Amazon)

    5. Non-upholstered Furniture- high lacquered white medicine cabinet (Ikea), Peerless shower head (Amazon), chrome waterfall faucet (Amazon). The faucet hasn't been installed yet.






    Mirror has been ordered (Amazon) and waiting for delivery. Still looking for a new sink.


    6. Accessories The best layer!! Okay so I couldn't wait for all the other layers to be finished before jumping into this layer. Today I hung a couple of wall art that I made last week.







    I replaced the towel bar with satin nickel hooks. For one, I thought it looked a bit more modern and two, I thought the boys might actually use the hooks unlike the towel bar. The towel bar was for decorative purposes only. That's not a bad thing (in other parts of the house) but for a boys bathroom everything needs a purpose! I'll post an update with more photos when all is complete. It's the little things that encourage boys to wash up:)

Total Pageviews