When A Standard Greeting Card Won't Work!

    A 40th wedding anniversary requires something a bit more than your standard greeting card!


    Materials needed:
    40 blank index cards
    Mod Podge (glossy)
    foam brush
    2 pieces of thin wood (I had removed the back out of a photo frame from another project that I had done (to be posted later)



    vinyl lettering (created using my Cricut and SCAL)
    drill
    paper hole punch
    shower curtain hook

    Print out vinyl lettering in your desired color. In the photo above you will see that I use painters tape instead of transfer tape. At the last minute, I added the date to the back. Cover the lettering with Mod-Podge. In most cases, vinyl letters don’t need to be covered but my boards had a glossy sheen. I didn’t notice this until I applied the letters. An optional step would have been to lightly sand the board.


    Write out your 40 reasons on the index cards. Get the whole family involved! Beware not to write in the upper left hand corner as this is where the hole will be made. You could get fancy and write poetry and quotes. It could even be typed out nice and neat but I’d like the personalization of each individual hand writing. I think this will be a keep-sake! (like Grandma’s hand written recipes)




    Drill a small hole in the upper left hand corner and paper punch holes in each index card. I was able to punch several cards at a time and I drilled a hole through both boards at one time. The holes will be sure to line up! There was several options that I thought might work to hold it all together. In the end I went with the shower curtain hook. Very easy to slide everything on and close it up.


    Options: Paint the boards, cover with scrape book paper, apply buttons and ribbons
    All would of have been cute. I simply ran out of time….. I also think this would be a great idea for a birthday. (Hubby is turning 40 this year!)










Total Pageviews