Teen Girl’s Wall Art

    My darling daughter’s bedroom remodel has been a work in progress for sometime.  Finding artwork to satisfy my daughter’s taste has been a bit challenging.  So what to do?  Make your own wall art.

    IMG_9166

    I sat down with a sketch-pad and lightly penciled out four different flowers designs. 

    IMG_9170

    To make sure the art work matched with her decor, I used the blue wall paint used on one wall.  Slightly diluting the paint with water, I sponged the blue color inside my pencil outlines.  Add a few dots with the other end of the paint brush. While the paint is still wet, add white and black paint (to give some dimension and depth). 

    IMG_9169

    After the paint has dried, I scribbled around the center of the flower and round the outside with a black Sharpie marker.

    IMG_9172

    Because history repeats itself, I couldn’t find frames to fit. :-)

    I did find 12x12 frames at Hobby Lobby (50% off!!!) and because this size was to large than the prints, a zebra scrape paper was used to filled the gap. 

Total Pageviews