See The Light

    I have these ugly builder light/fans in each of my bathrooms.   

    old light

    While remodeling my boys’ bathroom, I  thought I take the light out and replace with something nicer.  Until……

    I removed the cover and see a big square hole in the ceiling. How what am I suppose to do with that BIG hole?

    hole

    The way I see it I have 3 options:

    1.  Leave it like it is. {Yuck}                                                    

    2.  Put a fan only cover on and rewire for a new light.

    3.  or my vision and Hubbies execution {see below}

    boys light

    My idea was to replace the light cover with the fan only cover, drill a hole in the center, and run the electrical wires out the hole to install a new light. 

    boys bathroom

    Both light and fan with out making another hole in the ceiling!  Soooo much better!

    We did the powder room too.

    powderroom

    NOTE:  If your thinking about doing this in your house, you do need to use a semi-flush light.  Flush mount light would not allow the fan to circulate the air.  {But you knew that!}

Total Pageviews