Tribute To My Father

    I made a quick trip to Charleston this weekend with my family.  I knew I wanted to go back there  but I didn’t think it would be this soon! 

    The hubby came home Friday after work and said “It’s going to be warm this weekend. Let’s go to the beach!”   Easy to do when we are only 3 hours away.  So with bags pack we were on our way to Charleston for the weekend. Yippie!!!!  We spent most of our time at the beach {and eating ice cream}.  However,  I did do two new things that I didn’t get to experience on my first trip…..

    • walked the Charleston bridge {I don’t recommend you do this walk in flip~flops.  Ask me how I now!}
    • And eating a bowl of  She-Crab Soup!  {Yummy!!!!}

    Bridge

     

    I didn’t get to spend the day with my Dad so I thought I would share with everyone how great and talented he is! 

    He loves to work with wood.  Which is enough for me to know to be dangerous and to keep him very very busy!!!!!  he he

    Here is a small collection of the wonderful things he has made for me:

    My jewelry box that I sketched out and he built.

    IMG_4864

    Side table

    IMG_4871

    The top is a piece of granite that he found on the side of the road!

    IMG_4873

    A night stand for my daughter.

    IMG_4879

    A TV stand in my daughter’s room.

    IMG_4885

    Shelf and Toy {I wish you could see all the detail!}

    IMG_4892 

    My favorite bowl.  Most times it filled with popcorn.

    IMG_4906

    Adirondack chairs

    IMG_4900

    And my ALL time favorite thing he’s made…..

    the front panels to my refrigerator!!!  Love it!!!!!

     

    IMG_4889

    I am a lucky girl to have such a wonderfully talented dad.  Remember this is an extremely small collection of the “gifts” he’s made.  {they’re still considered gifts even if I ask for them…right?}

    We have been trying to finish up a project that we started over a month ago but either he’s out of town or I’m out of town.  I’m hoping we get to spend some quality time together in a couple of weeks!  I’ll be sure to share photos of our finished project.

    Happy Father’s Day to my DAD

    and all the other DADs out there.

    Hugs and Kisses,

    Carrie

     

Total Pageviews