Welcome to the 150th Tablescape Thursday!

    Can you believe it...150 Tablescape Thursdays! Wow! The time has gone by so quickly! Things have changed quite a bit since that first tablescape party on August 25, 2008. There are so many more participants now, which is wonderful! Linking up is easy and you get a little sneak preview of the post, thanks to Inlinkz. The photographs of our tablescapes have improved tremendously...you feel like you're sitting there at the table sometimes! You amaze me with your gorgeous photos and creativity!



    The Beginning:
    Have you ever wondered how Tablescape Thursday got started? It really goes all the way back to my days of posting the occasional tablescape on the HGTV website, "Rate My Space." When I posted that first tablescape on RMS, I was a little worried, wondering if I was "breaking any rules."


    I had never seen a tablescape on Rate My Space and I wasn't sure if tablescapes were even allowed on a site created for sharing pictures of rooms and room decor. I didn't get a "cease and desist" e-mail from HGTV and no one removed my table setting from the site, so I posted a few more.

    At that time, I knew very little about this thing called a "blog." Months later when I discovered blogs and grew brave enough to create one myself, Tablescape Thursday was born, only then the party was held on Tuesday and called Tablescape Tuesday.

    In those days, I was working full-time outside the home. On my 24th week of blogging, I kicked off a second blog party called, Metamorphosis Monday, a day for sharing "Before and Afters" in our homes. I chose Monday for our Before and After party because I knew I would need the weekend to prepare a post due to my 40-hour work week. Not wishing to host two parties back-to-back, I moved our tablescaping day from Tuesday to Thursday, and it's been Tablescape Thursday, ever since. (That's why those first 23 or so posts will say, "Welcome to Tablescape Tuesday.")

    Week after week, I am awed by the beautiful tables you create. The love for your family and friends and for entertaining shines through with every beautiful centerpiece, napkin fold and setting you create. Thank you so much for giving your readers (and me) so much joy and happiness week after week!

    For this Tablescape Thursday, I wanted to share links to a few of the tablescapes I've created over the past 150 weeks. Just click on the titles to open the tablescape for viewing. You'll find links to all the other tablescapes I've created these past 3 years under the "Tablescapes" category at the top of this blog.

    Thanks so much for making Tablescape Thursday such a fun event week after week!

    Sand and Sea




    Crocheted with Love




    The Faerie Ball



    Beach Escape



    Roses and Daisies






    Scene from a French Cafe




    Five Tablescapes, One Silver Tray




    Fireside Tea




    Provence Inspired




    You're Invited to an Un-Birthday Party




    Dining Fireside in the "Library"




    Game Night: Trivial Pursuit



    Welcome to the Killer Cafe




    Garden Party




    She Walks in Beauty Like the Night




    4th of July Celebration




    On the Hunt




    A Christmas Village




    A Williamsburg Christmas




    A St. Patrick's Day Tea



    Sweet as Honey




    Looking forward to viewing your beautiful tablescapes!



    Please Read:
    If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky.

    To use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, just grab the html code you'll find under the "Join a Party" heading at the top of this blog.

    Please, link back to the party so your regular readers will find all your fellow blogger's tablescapes, too. :)

    Please, don't add your post name/blog name in ALL CAPS...it tends to create big spaces between the rows of links. Thanks!

    Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


    Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews