Patriotic Peace Sign

    Have you ever visited a blog and thought to yourself…..……….. Everything this person does is just wonderful?  I mean your just in awwwww of the things they create and the way they decorate……

    I’m here to keep it REAL

    cause I don’t want you to think that about me or my blog

    LOL

     

    Here’s is my most recent “belly-flopper-of-an-idea”

    IMG_0001

    I saw a “GAP” T~shirt at the mall that inspired this idea.

    Here was the plan: 

    Use a floral foam wreath {purchased from the dollar store} and cut up some left over packing material to create a peace sign.

    IMG_3125

    Glue on a few hundred crepe paper roses in patriotic colors.

    IMG_3132

    Attach all of that to a wooden plaque and add a blue vinyl “Believe” or “I Believe” or even “ We Believe”. 

    As I started applying the crepe~paper roses, I got that feeling in my stomach.  You know…. the one that tells you this isn’t turning out the way you envisioned?!?!?! 

    My kids say it looks to “crafty”!  What does that mean?

    and The Hubby just gritted his teeth as he smiled. That can’t be good?

    So I’ll be setting this project a side and realize this wasn’t one of my better executions.

    If I had to do it all over….. I think I would have stayed with one color of crepe~paper roses on the peace sign and add the patriotic flare to the plaque and vinyl. 

    Live and Learn.  And know that they all can’t be winners!

     

    Godspeed,

    Carrie

Total Pageviews