Tablescaping with Sunflowers... Welcome to the 98th Tablescape Thursday!

    Happy Tablescape Thursday! Tonight I'm sharing a tablescape I put together this past weekend for my friend, Jan's, 60th birthday. I'm often asked where I get ideas for tablescapes. That's always a hard question to answer since I really never know where or when an idea will hit. Last Thursday evening, as I was shopping for our birthday cookout, I came across gorgeous sunflowers and bought two bunches. Later, I stopped by Marshalls to "just look" (yeah, right) and couldn't believe my eyes...they had sunflower dishes! Meant to be.

    I had everything else I needed for this tablescape. When I arrived back home, I cut purple phlox and Oertel's Rose from the garden. The Oertel's Rose, at this point in the season, has already made it's transition from hot pink, to pale pink to white. I like the contrast with the yellow and purple of the other flowers.

    Hope you enjoy this celebration tablescape...inspired by big, happy sunflowers!















    We actually used green napkins without napkin rings the night of the party. But later, when I started taking pics for this post, I changed the green napkins for gold ones. I paired them with these sparkly napkin rings I found a while back, but had never used in a tablescape before.



    Napkin rings are available HERE, In The Butler's Pantry.





















    This Fitz and Floyd salt and pepper are available, In the Butler's Pantry, HERE.


    The phlox smelled sooo sweet. I love phlox! My tall white "David" phlox is blooming in the garden now, too. :-)















    A few candlelight pics...














    Dinner Plates: Marshalls, a week ago
    Sunflower Salad Plates: Marshalls, a week ago
    Rooster glasses: Old Time Pottery, several months ago
    Napkins: Kohl's, a year or two ago
    Napkin rings, New and available HERE
    Salt and Pepper: New...Sold...no longer available
    Flatware: Gourmet Servings, Treble Clef, HomeGoods many months ago
    globe candle holder provided by Colonial Candle, use code NAPFREE for free shipping on orders over $50
    Flowers: Sunflowers from Kroger, Phlox and Oertel's Rose from my perennial garden

    A couple of pics from the garden around 7:00 this evening:


    Bluebirds are nesting right now in the dove cote. I think it's the same pair from previous years, because they always return to the same cavity in the dove cote. I'm putting out meal worms for them every morning and every evening, and both Mom and Dad are feeding the babies. To see pics from previous years, click HERE.



    Looking forward to viewing your beautiful tablescapes!



    Please Read:
    If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name. Then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

    You may see a red X once you enter your link. No one else can see the red X, it's just there in case you make a little mistake and need to delete your link and re-enter it.

    I'd love for you to use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post. To do that, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, just grab the html code posted on the sidebar under the TT button.

    Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday, thus increasing visits for all participating.

    Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog. Please don't add your post name/blog name in ALL CAPS...it tends to spread out the links in an awkward pattern. Thanks! :-)

Total Pageviews