Take the Tour: a Greek Revival Home Built in 1840

    Hi Everyone!

    A Huge Thank-you to all who participated in the 100th Tablescape Thursday...and that includes those who visited and viewed the linked tablescapes, as well as those who created and linked a tablescape to the party post. It takes both viewers and participants to make any party a success.

    The comments you left for me were much appreciated and meant more than words can say. Blogging and creating posts each week is work...the most fun work I've ever done. :) I love it and if you'll keep visiting, I'll keep working hard to create posts that will hopefully entertain and make you smile.


    Poll Results:
    Thanks so much for taking time recently to vote in the poll I had posted on my sidebar. The results are in and 82% of you love the BIG pics I post here at BNOTP; 7% don't really care if they are big or small and 10% would rather see smaller pics. Since 90% of you either like BIG pics or don't have a problem with the large pics, I will continue to include large pics in the post you see here at BNOTP.

    By the way, I think I finally found out why large horizontal pics are occasionally cut off on the right side for some readers. Apparently, it has to do with the age of the browser you are using. If you haven't updated your browser in the last few years, you will most likely not see a small portion of the right side of the larger pics. As folks upgrade their browsers or buy newer computers, this problem should correct itself.


    Historic Home Tour:

    A few months ago I had the privilege of touring a number of beautiful historic homes in Rome, Georgia. The tour was part of the spring ramble with The Georgia Trust. One of the homes we toured was this Greek Revival style home. It sits on 8 acres and was used as a hospital during the War Between the States. I bet this house has some great ghost stories attached to it.


    The next three photos are pics I took while on the tour...




    The view looking down the walkway from the front porch. I love the old English boxwoods that line the walk.




    This house truly has a presence, doesn't it?




    As it turns out, this home is actually available to purchase. A few nights ago I found additional pics online at Hardy Realty .


    I'm sharing them here with you...your own personal historic home tour. At the end of this post, you'll find links to several sites where you may view historic homes available for purchase to your hearts content. I frequent these sites often since I have a serious love for the old homes.




    The Entry...note the pretty damask wallpaper.




    The parlor...




    Kitchen...I love that it has a fireplace.




    Beautiful dining room...




    This room looks so cozy. I'm guessing this would be called the den or t.v. room.




    The home has three bedrooms...here are two:







    This house has 3 full baths and 1 half bath...



    My favorite room in the house...the sunroom...




    6 car garage...




    A cabin on the property makes an excellent guest cottage.



    You'll find a previous post about this historic home tour in Rome, Georgia, HERE.


    Great websites to see historic homes available for purchase...or just to get your historic home fix:

    Old Houses.com

    United Country Real Estate

    Historic Properties

    Antique Properties, Inc.

    Historic Home Tours.com

    My Old House Online

Total Pageviews