Tablescape for Bridal Shower or Mother's Day... Happy 100th Tablescape Thursday!

    This post is very photo intensive...may take a minute for all pics to load.

    Light the fireworks, sound the horns, throw the confetti..it's time for a celebration!


    Whooo, hooo! Tablescape Thursday is officially 100 today!



    Can you believe we have been tablescaping for 100 weeks?! Wow! I'm so grateful for each and every one of you! What would Tablescape Thursday be without the beautiful, creative, wonderful tablescapes you link here each Thursday? And what would TT be without all the dish loving folks who visit and view those tablecapes? Y.O.U, the readers and bloggers who visit BNOTP, are THE reason TT is such a fun, fabulous party week after week!

    Thank You with all my heart for sharing your love for the art of the table every week here at BNOTP! I have an idea! How about we do this for another 100 weeks?! The first 100 have been sooo much fun...I can't wait to see what you have in store for the next 100! : )

    Now, I have to tell you a little about my tablescaping escapades this week. I knew you all were coming for this special celebration party, so I wanted to set an extra special table for you. I got it in my head that I wanted to use a single magnolia blossom as my centerpiece. Just one, big, beautiful magnolia blossom. I remembered having seen several blooming on the HUGE magnolia tree that lives just outside my front door.

    I ran outside this past weekend to cut a pretty blossom and here's what I found...whaaat? It was just gorgeous a day or two ago...ummm.




    So, I walked around and around the tree...how can this be? No pretty white blossoms for this special Tablescape day? Things were looking pretty bleak...not a blossom in sight. Well, this magnolia tree is really, really big and I thought if I just went upstairs and peered out the window, maybe I could find a blossom a little higher up. I'd climb that big ole magnolia for you guys...yes, I would!




    So, I looked out the guest bedroom window...didn't see a single blossom.




    I ran to the upstairs family room dormer windows and looked out. It took a while to get my magnolia-blossom-spotting eyes to work, but eventually I spotted one. Yikes, that was a little higher than I had planned to climb. Sigh...




    See it way up there...soooo tempting.




    Oh, there's another one...right in the center of the tree, but again...really, really high up.




    I kept looking and then I finally spied it...one right at the top edge of the garage gutters. I bet I can reach that one...what do you think?




    Yep, had to go for that one. Grabbed my stepladder and...




    I'm going to hush now and just let you enjoy. (Oh, and please ignore where I placed the champagne glass. It goes above and to the right of the wine glass...don't know why I placed it where I did. Do as I say, not as I do. LOL)

























































































































    Thank-you so much for being such a important part of my life these past 100 weeks! I am so blessed to know you and I value your friendship every moment, every day!

    XOXO
    Susan

    Happy Tablescape Thursday! This is the first time the silver basket (centerpiece), the Nippon salt cellars and the vintage embroidered, cutwork linens have been used in a tablescape here at BNOTP, though I've had them for a while.

    Chargers: Neiman Marcus, 2-3 years ago
    China: Dinner Plate and Bowl is International, Pattern is Glenwood, found in a local antique shop. Homer Laughlin made a similar pattern, too. Salad Plate is vintage Homer Laughlin...do not know the pattern , perhaps Georgian
    Crystal Stemware: Champagne, Iced Beverage and Wine are Waterford, Araglin
    Sterling Flatware: Towle, King Richard
    Salt Cellars: Nippon, Hand Painted
    Candles: Tapers supplied by Colonial Candle

    Looking forward to viewing your beautiful tablescapes!



    Please Read:
    If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name. Then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

    You may see a red X once you enter your link. No one else can see the red X, it's just there in case you make a little mistake and need to delete your link and re-enter it.

    I'd love for you to use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post. To do that, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, just grab the html code posted on the sidebar under the TT button.

    Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday, thus increasing visits for all participating.

    Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

    Please don't add your post name/blog name in ALL CAPS...it tends to spread out the links in an awkward pattern. Thanks! :-)

Total Pageviews