Boys’ Bathroom

    This bathroom took longer to remodel than any one should.   I’m glad I can finally say its done!  It was worth the wait because it looks great!  Click Here to see earlier photographs of this room.    I’m still kicking myself for not taking photographs before I started this room.   I miss the cute blue  and yellow nautical theme it once had.  {weeping mommy}  Why do they have to grow up so fast?  

    This make-over all began with a trip to IKEA with my kids.  There we found a medicine cabinet and a shower curtain.   My oldest son was a great help.  He caulked, sanded, primed, cleaned, and was may right hand when I need to have two.  

     

    IMG_1149

    I fell in love this waterfall faucet.  It wasn’t in my original plan to replace the sink.  But hey- anything that will encourage the boys to wash their hands and brush their teeth.

    IMG_1151 I replaced the old towel bar with these smart looking hooks.   My theory is that the boys will actually hang their towel up {instead of leaving it on the floor}. 

    IMG_1153

    The art work above the hooks are all done with scrape paper on my Cricut machine.  {pre-vinyl era}

    collage 1

    Because I added the sink and faucet, I also need to replace the counter and backsplash.

    The “Wash Your Hands” artwork originally had “mom said so” but it fell and broke.  As a joke with my boys, I had changed it out to “that’s what she said”.   You know it’s a hit when other boys are calling home and asking their mom’s to make one for them!  How cool is that?

    The shower curtain rod is an arc rod, giving additional 6 inches of space!

    collage 2

    Everything is new except for the tub, the toilet, and the vanity base.

    There is a shelf that runs around the entire room about 24 inches below the ceiling.  I could leave it empty….(and be okay with it) or I could place some white vases or even colored sculptured glass.  But if this was your room what would you put on it?

    Any ideas? 

    It once had cute little sailboats and sea shells. {sigh….sniff…..sniff}

    Wait just a second…. their bathroom looks better than mine.   I’d love to say the master bathroom make-over is next but as any parent knows ~ you can not do for one child and not the other.  So I will be saying, “On to the next bathroom, my darling daughter’s!”  {on the look out for inspiration}

    Love,

    Carrie

Total Pageviews