Motivation

    My Motto 

    “What you think about you bring about”

    { looking around my house… I can honestly say I haven’t been thinkin ‘bout cleaning.  Ha ha}

    I am a firm believer that what you heartily desire and actively act upon, it will ultimately come forth.  Think about it.  Is there anything in your life that you {having control over} really really wanted that you haven’t gotten?   

    • You want to loose weight …
    • You want to get married…
    • You want a baby…..
    • You want a new house….   

    So you loose weight, get married, have a baby, and move into a bigger house.  Maybe not in that order!!! But it all starts with a burning desire!!!  Let me make this clear… you nor I have control over the lotto, weather, life or death, and we can’t make someone love us.  And  sometimes the things we want will require many many steps while others will have few.  But if you keep your “EYE on the PRIZE”…. in the end you will “OWN IT”!!!

    My kids have heard me say my motto SO many times that they now finish my words for me!!! 

    Enough with my dittle dattle, the reason for this post…… I felt my son need some encouragement, motivation,  and visualization.  See he competes in motocross racing across the US and Internationally.  On a local level, he races very strong with lots of confidence.  However, when we go to national races he doubts his ability and strength.  So what does this mamma do

    IMG_2180

    Yes, that is a photograph hanging over his bed!!!  It’s a photo of a podium at one of the largest youth nationals in the US.  I took this last year, edited the date to 2010, enlarged it to a 24x26, framed it (without glass), and nailed it to the ceiling!!!! It’s the first thing he sees in the morning and the last thing at night.  He visualizes himself and his bike sitting on that podium in 2010!!! 

    IMG_2179 

    Now this is only a fraction…. he does need to apply himself to his workouts and practices.   He can do this!!!

    And to quote one of the fastest motocross racers of today-

    “It’s all mental, baby!”

     

    Hope all your dreams come true,

    Carrie

Total Pageviews