My First Time

     

    {First Purchase at Goodwill}

    I have been a long time donator of the Goodwill.  It’s so easy to box up my “unwantables” and donate.  Way easier than conducting a yard sale. I love to browse the store and see everyone’s “unwantable”.  But I have never bought anything!

    I know you think I’m a snob… I’m too good to take other people “JUNK” home with me….

    Not true at all!!!

    The truth is… I look at your blogs and see all the trash goodies that you find at really really great prices!

    The trash goodies I see are really really over priced!

    Is it me?….am I cheap?         or          Is it the store?…are their prices too high?

    Well~ today my luck changed.  Not in a big way {I’ll still be playing the lotto} but I did find some small hidden treasures.

    IMG_2063 

    IMG_2064

    IMG_2065

    Total cost $3.52

    large frame ~ $.99

    glass container ~ $1.00

    small frame mirror ~ $.30

    Waverly fabric ~ $1.00

    I’m sitting here thinking to myself…. maybe it is me….maybe when I enter the Goodwill, I don’t see things the way you do.  Maybe I’m so practical that my creative side only puts in front of me what I need. (or can handle)  Let me explain….

    the frame… I picked out because I thought I could use it on a project I’m doing for my mother.

    the framed mirror…. I need something to go on my family photo collage wall

    the fabric… even though I haven’t finished son #2’s bedroom I thought the colors palette would be great in son #1’s bedroom

    the glass container…. I could see it filled with colorful….M&M’s!!! (okay not exactly a need but definitely I had a vision)

    Happy Thrifting,

    Carrie

Total Pageviews