There’s Gonna Be A Party!

    My darling daughter is turning “Sweet 16” this summer! {ouch}

    I’ve started collecting ideas and pre-planning.  I wanted to plan a surprise party but she a young lady that definitely know what she likes and what she doesn’t.  So I came to her one day and say, “Let’s plan a party!” Plus it’ll be fun to do it together.  I know I have several months but I don’t like waiting to the last minute plus our summers are pretty busy.

    While flipping through the latest PBteen catalog…. I spot these

    img11m 

    Which inspired me to create

    full image 

    Here’s how

    Poke a pin in a  ping~pong ball.  {I used a total of 16 balls}  Poke the other end of the pin into styrofoam. 

    TIP:  Use quilters pins if you have them.  There a bit longer.

    pin

    Paint.  I used satin black satin paint but wished I would have used glossy. I personally would have loved to see these painted in pink but my daughter chose black.  The color scheme will be black, hot pink, and white.

    TIP:  I use plastic shower curtains (found at the dollar store) as drop clothes.

    painted

    Apply vinyl letters, numbers, and dots.  I used my Cricut machine but you can find vinyl letters and numbers just about anywhere. 

    vinyl

    Finished.   Here they are!  So cute right?

    finished balls 

    I was going over my photos that I wanted to post when….. I got a wild hair.  There’s more that could be done.

    Added some ribbon and  made a cute little topper with my daughter’s name.

    Wouldn’t this make a cute center piece?  I was thinking about putting either “her birth date” or  “Sweet 16” on the back. 

     Which one would you do?

    sweet 16 collage

    Have a wonderful day,

    Carrie

Total Pageviews