Best Meatloaf Ever….Promise

    Yummy-Meatloaf-Recipe

    When you find a great recipe you MUST share it!  Well, I found the best Meatloaf recipe.  Seriously, the only meatloaf that your kiddos won’t have to drown in ketchup just to eat it!!

    I found this recipe at allrecipes.com.  I have tweaked the recipe  just a little to make it pure utter perfection. If I do say so myself…. and I DO!

    Best-Meatloaf-Recipe---step-one

    I always have a few extra teenagers at the house so I always double the recipe.

    Start by spraying a your glass with cooking spray.  Sprinkle a little brown sugar and a few squirts of ketchup in the bottom of the pan.

    Best-Meatloaf-Recipe---combine-ingredients

    Add all the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and mix. 

    See recipe below.

    Rooster-Whimsy

    While we’re in the kitchen, let me show you what the Hubby bought me for Christmas.   We were out doing some holiday shopping and we popped into Hobby Lobby.  I spotted these cute whimsical  glass roosters and fell in love.   I just love them (and the Hubby too).

    Best-Meatloaf-Recipe---ready-for-oven

    Place the meat mixture on top of the brown sugar and ketchup prepared pan.  Add a little more brown sugar and ketchup to the top.  Bake according to recipe.  I usually turn up the oven to 475 degrees for the last few minutes to caramelize the brown sugar and ketchup on top!  Yummy!!

    This is the recipe at All Recipes.com

    Brown Sugar Meatloaf

    Untitled

    Here are a few minor things that I change.

    • Cup down on the brown sugar (1/4 cup), milk (1/2 cup), only 1 egg
    • Add a few splashes of Worcestershire Sauce (about 1 Tbsp.) and a couple cloves of garlic.
    • I substitute crushed saltine cracker crumbs with bread crumbs (Italian Seasoned)

    Best-Meatloat

    You do not need to add any more ketchup but to add interest to the photo I squirted a little squiggle! 

    Best-Meatloaf-Recipe

    ~Enjoy~

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews