Note Taken

    ~Do-It-Yourself Note Pad~

    DIY-Memo-Pad

    The evolution of a cute note pad.

    While cleaning, I spotted a ream of legal size computer paper that I have had for years.  I never use legal size paper and I can’t remember why I even purchased!  I probably bought it picked it up by accident and never returned it but I thought if I cut down the paper to letter size then I could use it up in my printer.

    DIY-Memo-Pad_cut-paper

    I bought this new paper cutter.  I’m not sure if I will keep it or not because every time you move the blade it squeals.  Like nails across the chalkboard!  I put added a little sewing machine oil and did help but not sure if that is a permanent fix.  Does anyone else have a this paper cutter or can recommend a good one?

    So anyways, I cut down the ream of paper and was left with these small pieces of paper.   I didn’t want them to go to waste.  What if I bounded the paper together and made a note pad???

    Just for giggles let’s try…

    DIY-Memo-Pad_back-board

    I apparently keep the oddest things in my craft room because I found this piece of chipboard that I saved from????  I can’t even remember where it came from.   But was the perfect size to make a long note pad.

    DIY Cute Memo-Note Pad

    I scored two lines to in the chipboard with a utility knife.   The space between the two lines was determined by the thickness of the paper.

    Custom-Memo-pad

    See the paper fits under perfectly.

    Periferating-Paper

    Now I had to figure out how to tear off a sheet of paper without it looking nasty.  I seen where others have sewn through paper before so I thought this could work!  I removed the thread from the needle and the bobbin and about a half an inch from the top I sewed through several sheets of paper at time.

    Periferated-Paper-with-sewing-machine

    Look!  Perfectly Perforated Paper 

    {say that three times FAST}

    Glue-paper-together-to-make-a-memo-pad

    Stack all the paper together and glue with E6000 glue.  I just applied a small amount of glue around all the top edges and sides (but not below the perforated line) and clip together until glue dried.    I let the glue dry overnight.  E6000 glue has become my GO TO glue lately!

    Glue-DIY-Note-pad-together

    I used Mod Podge to adhere scrapbook paper to the chip board.  (sorry no photos of that step) Then when dried, insert the paper and glue the area just above the perforated line (more E600 glue).  Clip and let dry.  Oh I wanted to add a little embellishment to the top so I added the ribbon at this point. 

    Honestly, I cut the paper to short and need to hide my boo – boo!  That’s why I HAD to add the ribbon.  Keeping it real and giving you nothing but the truth here at Dittle Dattle.  Ha

    DIY-Memo-Pad-mod-podge

    Here is the back.

    DIY-Note-Pad-mod-podge

    Under the pad of paper.

    DIY-Note-Pad

    I even coordinated a pen.   Disassemble a pen with a clear center and roll up a  small piece of scrapbook paper.

    DIY-Note-Pad-details

    Add some more embellishments.

    DIY-Note-memo-pad

    I just had to check if to see if the perforated paper would work!   See no nasty torn paper edges.  Love it!

    You’re probably thinkin’……. that was a lot of work for something I could have just bought at the dollar store.   And you are probably right but it was FREE and sometimes I just feel the need to create something…. anything!

    clip_image001

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews