Vinyl Water Bottles

    Thank you to everyone that left sweet and encouraging messages about my long stay house guest and the stinky septic system problem.  Two things that I would rather not be blogging about!  ha 

    I can’t rest just yet….. see I coach the swim team at the YMCA and this weekend we head to championships!  It will be a long week of extended practices followed by a long weekend.  Then I should be back to my regular schedule of crafting, creating, decorating!  And let’s not forget gardening!  The weather looks like it’s going to cooperate this week and provide lots of sunshine.  Love it!

     

    Valentine’s Day gifts for the kiddos {and me}

    I have been searching for a long time, way back in September, for some stainless steel water bottles.  But not just any bottle (I’ll explain in a minute).

    We go through an insane amount of disposable water bottles and I would like to control that amount!

    It’s funny how things just appear before your eyes when you stop really looking!  I was in Lowes with the whole family…. Hubby, kids, and my parents!  It seems to be the place to stop after a nice meal out together!!! LOL  Anyways, we were all checked out when I decided that I wouldn’t be able to make it home unless I ran to the rest rooms.  And on my way, down an odd little isle, sat these water bottles on SALE!  Never thought to look in Lowes Home Improvement store for the perfect water bottles!  But there they were……

    stainless-steel-water-bottle

    What makes them sooooo perfect?

    The top! 

    Wal-mart carries the ones that you have to unscrew just to take a drink, which seems a bit awkward to do while either on the elliptical or road bike.  The other bottles that I have seen have a squirt topper.  I don’t like these…… I feel like I’m drinking out of a baby’s bottle!  Is it me?  Am I strange in my thinking? 

    Anyways….

    These tops have a pop top!  and I just Love that!

    flip-top-water-bottle

    My original thought was to cut a piece of vinyl large enough to cover up the SubZero logo, but I decided to turn the bottle around and add each of our names.

    vinyl-stainless-steel-water-bottle

    vinyl-stainless-steel-water-container

    The font I used is called “Loki Cola”. Just google the name and it’s a FREE font. I also used glossy vinyl because I find that it holds up better around water.  

    How is your New Year’s Resolution of weight loss going? 

    Need a incentive to workout each day? 

    Reward yourself with a personalize water bottle.

    Happy Valentine’s Day!

     

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews