A New Addition to the Office and Antiquing at the Queen of Hearts

    Wow! So much amazing creativity and talent in Blogland! Have you checked out all the wonderful Before and Afters linked for yesterday's Met Monday? You amaze me each and every week with the projects you take on in your own homes and the beauty you create for your families and the ones you love. Thanks so much for sharing your talents and most of all, thanks for showing us how we can do it, too! I'm convinced Bloggers are the most generous sharing folks in the whole wide world!

    On Monday, I promised things were going to start getting "prettier" real soon in the office. Well, pretty started yesterday. :) I was out shopping for a rug and I tripped over the chair I've been dreaming of for a little sitting/reading area in the office. I haven't really shared my "layout" or the plans I have for the office yet, because I am expecting it to take a while to find all the "parts and pieces." On Monday, I'll try to share a bit more about my vision for this space.

    In the meantime, here's a glimpse of the very first step toward "pretty" for the office. (Sorry about the lines/distortion in this photo...this chair doesn't have lines in the fabric so I'm not sure why the camera created them in the pic.)



    I know this is a tease, (don't beat me) but I really want to wait until our next Met Monday to share this new addition since right now it is against walls that are beyond ugly. This chair deserves better. I will say, I think you are going to LOVE it. The store told me they only had 6 in the warehouse...so if you love it when you see it on Monday, you need to hightail it to the nearest store and grab it while the grabbing is good.


    Antiquing Trip:
    In the meantime, let's do a little antiquing at the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, Georgia. On a recent trip there, first thing I spied were these darling pendant lights. I'm not normally a huge fan of pendant lights but these were about the cutest ones I've seen. Love the shape of the globe.




    I was surprised to come across this baby buggy from the Victorian period. Isn't it amazing?! It dates back to the 1890's and is in its original condition. It was priced at $1,995. This would be a great piece to put on display in a "museum home" that was built during that period.




    I wanted to get a shot of this beautiful bed. It had a lot of other stuff on top but I think you can see its gorgeous headboard and footboard.




    Here's a little close up of the headboard...isn't it wonderful?




    I also came across these two single beds. I used to contemplate turning my son's old room into another guest room with single beds...and these would have been perfect. Those plans changed, now didn't they? Ha! I think these beds were priced around $895 for the pair, if I'm remembering correctly.





    I really liked this blue and white chair, but then I love anything that's blue and white. Wouldn't this be great in room all decorated in those classic colors of blue and white? It was in excellent condition. Sorry, I totally forgot to get a price.




    I just love these old dress forms. This one was priced at $285. You can read about my near miss and the "fight" for my dress form HERE. ;)




    Each time I visit the Queen of Hearts, I have to make a stop by Transferware Heaven...well, that's what I call it anyway. ;) If you die and go to china heaven, this must be what you see. ;)




    Transferware in all colors...all brands...all shapes...all sizes...




    ~~~Sigh~~~




    If you love transferware, you need to check all these booths out when you visit Queen of Hearts.


    As I was leaving, I came across this pretty cabinet near the door. I love the arched doors but it's not quite what I have in mind for the office. I have a nice blank wall in the office where I'm envisioning a large cabinet with big glass doors with panes on the top half, behind which I can keep books and pretties. It will have cabinetry below for storing other office stuff away. I can see it in my head...may take a while to find it, though.




    Do you do that? Do you dream up a piece in your head, then torture yourself trying to find it. ;) I know when the time is right, it will find me. Ya just gotta have faith.



    So that's our shopping trip this time out. I'll be doing a lot of thrifting and antiquing over the next few weeks as I search high and low for the 3-4 pieces I need to complete the home office I'm building. I'll be sure to take some pics so you can go with me. Antiquing is so much more fun when it's done with a friend. :)

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews