DIY Frames

    After seeing the photos of the PB Inspired Bed, I knew I needed to add something above the headboard.  I know you were thinkin’ it too! Plus there was the need to cover the holes from the large poster that once hung above the bed in my attempt to cover~up the fact there wasn’t a headboard!

    The hubby and I made two 20x20 photo frames {after a quick 101 on how to use my Dad’s fancy tools}  from some left over 1x4 boards not used on the bed.   

    This was pretty much a complete DIY project. After we made the frames and painted them white, I cut down the large poster frame’s glass into two pieces, and mounted the photos to mount board with 3M Photo adhesive. 

    White Frames above PB Inspired Bed

    The only thing I didn’t do is print the photographs myself.  I sent the Photoshop edited images to Snap Fish and had them enlarged to 16x20.  The frame openings are 15x15 which required me to cut the photographs down. 

    MX Racing Photo Framed  20x20

    ***Since acquiring Photoshop CS5, I’ve been trying to spend an hour a day to learn this program!  I’ve still have a lot to learn.   I did learn how to remove a group of trees from the background in the original photograph on the right!

    Paper Cover Framed Back

    I totally went professional and covered the back with brown paper!  Remember this HUGE roll of brown paper that I found at the thrift store.  The backing will help keep dust from collecting between the glass and the photograph.  Even added some rubber bumpers!

    Black & White Photos in 20x20 White Frames

    Ahhh YES!  The look I was going for….. square chunky photo frames!!!  I thought about adding a white mat but the chunkiness of the frames already created that look! 

    *** I didn’t make a tutorial on how to create these frames because I’m sure there are hundreds of sites to show how it’s done but if you would like I would be happy to share…. making the frame, how to cut glass, mounting a photograph to mount board, and even how to apply a paper backing.

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews