Fall Candle Sticks

    I pulled these candles sticks out of the attic the other day.  They were in the attic not because I don’t like them but because I like to change out the accessories in my home.  If  something doesn’t have a “home” for the time being it gets stored in a section of the attic I call “The Prop Spot”.   

    Bronze Candle Sticks

    I wanted to dress them up for the fall season.

    Fall Candles Stick Supplies 

    Gathered the supplies.  ***Plus a pair of  kitchen shears and floral foam not pictured.

    Fall Revamped Candle Sticks

    Fall Decorated Candle Sticks

    So quick and easy.  Well….. it only took me about a half an hour to finish over the coarse of two days!  Some days I have a hard time finding a little time for even  the simplest projects.

    I started by making a 4 looped bow using 2 ribbons.  {4x2=8 loops}   Okay the homeschool mom in me get’s a little elementary on ya’ll some times.  Sorry.

    1. Make a bow.  Rapping the center with a long piece of wire.  
    2. Hot glue the ends of the floral stems and stick them into the floral foam.  I placed stems in the top and the bottom.
    3. Wrap the bow wire around the floral foam. 
    4. Now wrap the entire bow and foam around the candle sticks.  My candle sticks had small rings to help hold in place at my desired height.
    5. Fluff bow and floral stems.

     

    {Behind The Scene}

    Back of Fall Candle Stick

    The not so pretty side of things but I just wanted to clarify everything.   This was a great project to use up all the extra materials left over from other projects!!!

     

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews