Key Holder

    This project was requested by the hubby.   A while back he mentioned that we needed a central location for all the keys. And he was RIGHT!

    Key Holder

    Black Key Holder

    I started with one of the thousands of award plaques that my boys have won, stripped off the metal award, and painted it black. {I feel like such a bad mom revamping their awards for my craft addictions.  Seriously, there’s enough plaques in our home to build a small tree house!}

    I decided to use two hooks for each label.  Things like the house and the travel trailer have more than one lock, each having their own keys.

    Key Holder Details

    Remember my Faux Metal Tags?

    Did I have you fooled?

    I used the second version of my Faux Tags.  My original thought was to actually use screws to hold the tags in place. In the end, I used Gorilla Super Glue on the outside edges.

    Correction:  I only glued the sides and the bottom, leaving the top unglued.  This allowed me to change the labels when necessary.  But this left me with a dilemma…. see I was left with holes in each side where the screw should have gone.  Michael's to the rescue!!!  I found a little bling  in the scrap book isle.

     

    Key-Holder-in-the-Laundry-Room

    The much needed Key Holder found a home in the laundry room.  {Not far from the back door}  A quick visit to Hobby Lobby provided the finishing touch with this added scroll wrought iron.

    Key Holder with faux metal tags copy 1

    Now all that’s left…… gather up all the keys!

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews