Creative DIY Storage Bins

    I’m looking for some storage bins or covered boxes to use on my son’s bookcase.   The colors he has going on right now are black, gray, white, and a touch of lime greenWith the bookcases painted black, I wanted to add a lot of white and lime green elements. 

    I found some lime green plastic bins at Wal-mart.  They were even on sale!  As soon as I put them on the shelves, my son and I look at each other and agreed they didn’t looked so good.  Can I say it???? 

    They looked CHEAP

    He liked the shape and design.  Just didn’t care for the translucent plastic.  What to do????  Keep looking or transform the one’s I bought?

    ~~~

    While I’m working on solution to finding the right bin, I want to share with you some other super cool bin ideas.

    These bins are made from using a plastic bucket.  Just cover with fabric and add rolling wheels!

    DIY Decorative Storage Bins

    {via Woman’s Day}

     

    How ‘bout a fabric covered bin made from….. cereal boxes!!!!

    {via urban nest}

     

    Fabric and cardboard bins.  After I saw this tutorial I couldn’t help but think that you could use those plastic corrugated cardboard.  You know the ones that they use for ads.  With the elections over, I’m sure there are a few on every street corner!

    Click to Enlarge

    {via Sew 4 Home}

    Click on the name below the photograph to directly link to the tutorial.

    Be creative,

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews