Fresh Cedar Monogram Wreath

    Do you not love the smell of  fresh cut cut greenery?

    When I saw Ballard’s Alphabet Wreath I knew this would be easy to make and perfect for my back door!

    Christmas Monogram Wreath

    I used the same pattern that I used on my DIY Wooden Letter to cut out my wreath form.

    Large Letter Cut out of plywood

    Only this time I cut it out of plywood with a jigsaw and sanded lightly to insure the edges where round and clean. 

    Plywood Cut Out

    This plywood was left over from the back of the  Crate & Barrel Knock Off BookcasesYeah!  Another free project.

    Letter Wreath Supplies

    Basic Supplies:  Letter form, fresh cut greenery, wire, and wire cutters.

    Cedar Wreath

    I started at the bottom of the letter,  layered the greenery, and wrapped with wire.  I’m sure you’re all smart enough to be aware of this, but I’ll mention it anyways, lay the greenery in the same direction that it grows on the tree. 

    Letter Wreath

    At the end, twist the wire around to secure in the back.

    DIY Monogrammed Wreath

    In desperate need of a hair cut!

    Fresh Cedar Letter Wreath

    I added a pine cone, a sprig of Nadina berries, and hung from a bow.

    Edit:  I used “Adobe Hebrew” font for the pattern.  And the pattern can be found here “Printing Multiple Pages”.

     

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews