Thankful Sign

    I wanted to create a sign to remind me (and the family) to be “Thankful” for all our blessings.

    I used some scrap MDF ( Medium-density board) left over from other projects and had my dad set up the router table for me.  The router bit creates a nice decorative edge around the outside of the plaque.  A router is a really easy to use tool.   There are tons of different bits available that will create different designs.   My parents made their own molding in their home!  In fact I used a piece of left over molding of theirs on the shelving my oldest son’s closet make-over.

    Be Thankful sign

    I like to lay out my designs in Word.  It’s easy for my to play around with different fonts and colors.  I’m a visual person and often need to see what the end will look like before I begin.  Anyone else like that?

    The font on the “Be” is Aquarelle  and I used  Chocolatebox for the “Thankful”.

    Glittered Oak Leaves sign

    While working on my “Thankful” project and waiting for the vinyl to cut,  I went pursing through the latest post by you lovely ladies and stumbled onto Miss Mustard Seed’s blog.   There she just posted a video showing her lovely glittered creations.  Well, I was inspired!!!

    I didn’t have any glitter as lovely as Miss Mustard Seed but I did have a beautiful tinsel copper embossing powder from my old rubber stamping days.   Using the vinyl as a stencil, I applied a light layer of school glue, dusted with the embossing powder, and applied heat with my embossing heat tool.  

    Be Thankful wooden sign

    I couldn’t be more “Thankful” the way it turned out!

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews