Knock Off Bedroom

     

    I just realized I never shared the other Pottery Barn Knock Off bed set!!! (click here to see my youngest son’s

    This bed belongs to my oldest son. 

    A teenage-bachelor-pad-want-a-be room. 

    This room is taking Forever to complete.  The problem is…. I can’t make any decisions on my own.  It has to clear with my son first.  OMG!?!?  Honestly my teenage daughter isn’t this particular. 

    Pottery Barn Knock Off Bed

    I wish I had before photographs but as soon as I mentioned that I would be re-doing his room he cleared it out immediately!!! 

    The walls before were a brownish tan color.  This time around he selected SW “Adagio” for the walls and SW “Paper White” for the ceiling.   The wall color was in the middle of the paint strip and the ceiling color was the lightest color. 

    On a side note: I selected two shades darker for his closet shelving “Rocky Coast”.  Be sure to check out his closet too.

    The bed, bookcases, and frame were painted with Benjamin Moore’s Ironclad Metal & Wood Black paint.

     

    Knock Off Bed and Bookcase

    The bedding was purchased from E-bay.  I really try to boycott E-bay but this is the only one he wanted.   Zeesh.  The lime green sheets I found at Target (after a lot of searching!)

    I started to decorate the Crate & Barrel knock off bookcases.  It’s not easy to decorate a bookcase without books!  These bookcases were once over filled with trophies.  My son has managed to scale it down to a few really important ones and I’m trying to leave room on one shelf so he can display his most current trophies.  I also plan to add a few items in lime green to give it a splash of color. 

    For those who have followed along, I took back the plastic lime green storage bins but I did pick up a few white boxes from the office supply isle.  I even tried to paint them with lime green paint but it peeled off!!! Like peeled off in sheets!!!  I probably needed to prime them first.

    PB Knock Off Bed

    If you follow me on facebook, you have heard me mention the HUGE photo frame that my dad and I were making.  Here it is!!! 

    This photo poster measures 36”x54”

    The frame is simple and bold with a tapered edge.  It’s made out of 2”x6” pine boards and is screwed to the studs in the walls. 

    I ordered it from Posterbrain.com.  Super great company to work with for poster size photos at really reasonable prices.  Check them out!

     

    DIY Large Poster Frame

    This print is of my son when he raced for Team USA in Belgium.  This wasn’t are first choice to have enlarged.  However, my external hard drive crashed a few months ago and I lost everything!  We had two other photos that were spectacular.  Like magazine quality Sad smile

    Anyways, I selected this one because I felt like it made a great memorabilia. 

    MX Masterkids photo

    That’s my son, number 101, all dressed in red, white, and blue and grabbing the hole-shot.

    Oh and yes, Team USA won and brought home the trophy!!!!

    Home Depot ceiling fan

    A fan that he selected from Home Depot.

    Decorating a Teenage boys room

    Must need blinds.  Poor child had to fight the morning sun beaming in on him for a few weeks before I got these hung up.

    What to do with curtains???  I have no ideas.  Waiting on some inspiration before I tackle this area.

    future projects

    The wall opposite of the bed.  Here’s my projected thoughts for this wall.   A flat screen TV, an entertainment stand, and DIY art/light/possible water feature.  Stay tuned to see how that works out?!?!?!

    future nightstand projects

    The nightstands.  He found one’s that he liked in Crate & Barrel for $199. each.  I priced out wood and I will cost me $200. to make two.  I’m just not sure if this is the way I’m going to go.    I feel like it’s getting to much black in this room.  I would like to see something lighter.  Maybe glass and chrome.   

    Anyone who would like to share their opinion?  Anyone?  Please!

    I’m even thinkin’ about adding a large rug that will set under the footboard and extend out into the room.  Something with a geometric pattern.  Then adding a couple of slick white chairs and a side table at the foot of the bed (facing the TV).

    Then I’m calling it done and moving on to the Teen Lounge.  (sounds like fun, huh)

    Would love your feed back.  Please!  I won’t take it personal.  LOL

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews