Christmas in the Kitchen

    It’s a slow process but I’m getting the holiday decorations up and out.  It looks like Christmas exploded in my living room with boxes of holiday décor scattered everywhere.  Here’s a few photographs of what I’ve gotten done in the kitchen.

    Christmas Kitchen

    A vignette behind the sink.

    I have a corner sink and I built this little folding screen to camouflage dust and cob webs back in the deep corner.  ha ha  Can you see part of the screen behind all the Christmas crap.  The three little Santa's are from a craft project that I did with my kids one year.  They are made from a wooden spoon.

    Kitchen vingette

    The other side other of the sink.

    This little rooster plate was a gift from my daughter.  She picked it out and paid for it all by herself when she was 14 and had her first job!  I think she did a great job.  I will always cherish it.Christmas kitchen vingette

    Another corner of the counter.

    Merry Memories Greenleaf Candle

    This beautiful candle is from Greenleaf.   I talked about them before and can’t say enough wonderful things about them!  This is from their Merry Memories collection.  It’s smells like Christmas in a jar!  Heavenly.

    gingerbread Recipe Holder

    This little gingerbread boy came in  a collection.  It was sold as a photo display holder but I thought it would be cute to use it as a recipe holder instead!

    snowman cookie jar

    Snowman cookie jar. 

    This cutie was given to me as a gift a few years back.  I really loved him but he was blue!  If you know me at all I am not a fan of blue.  So I painted him!  I found a product {I believe at either Wal-Mart or Michael's} that allows you to paint ceramics.  The kit included a primer, paint, and a sealer.  You can not tell the difference!  I painted the scarf, hat, nose, and buttons.

    kitchenaid subwayart vinyl

    Kitchenaid Subway Holiday Vinyl.

    My first subway art!   I have had my Kitchenaid mixer for….(do I dare say)….20 years!  My hubby bought it for me the first year we lived together for a Valentine’s Day present.  (In case you didn’t know, I started dating my hubby when I was 13 years old!)   I love it as much today as I did the day I received it!  It’s a work horse.  The mixer doesn’t usually stay on my counter except for the holidays.  So I designed a holiday vinyl subway art.  I haven’t done anything with my Cricut machine in awhile I was going through withdrawals. 

    Subway Art kitchenaid

    I got the inspiration from Wonderfully Wordy.  She has three designs you can choose from.  She has a vinyl subway art but with words referencing to baking.  something that you can leave on year round.

    vinyl kitcheaid subway art

    You know how people say they keep a little piece of their holiday décor out all year long, like an ornament or candle, maybe this will be my little reminder of this wonderful holiday season.

    Christmas holiday kitchen shelf

    A little Christmas shelf.

    Bridgewater candle

    This candle is from Bridgewater Candle Company.  Can you see the little hand print in the cup?  This candle is called SOLITUDE and is from their special edition collection. 

    With every candle purchased an orphaned child is fed for ONE week!  Yes, one week.  If your in the mood to give to a good cause might I recommend you pick up a candle or two from Bridgewater.  

    What does it smell like?  Very clean, a lot like rainwater with a hint of floral and vanilla.  Very lightly fragrant. 

    christmas kitchen display

    A photo frame that I am working on putting a picture in, soon.   The other gingerbread photo holders.  I got both the frame and the photo holders from Kohl's.

    Christmas Plates

    A collection of plates my kiddos made one year, using the same ceramic paint kit that I used on the snowman cookie jar.  The best thing about this kit is that you don’t have to bake in the oven like other ceramic paints. 

    diy christmas  plate

    Very cute!  They did a great job. 

    What will be are craft this year?  I need to figure it out soon!

     ornament tassel

    My sad little attempt to make a ornament tassel.

    Hope you enjoyed my kitchen holiday décor.  I have a kitchen tree but I haven’t finished it yet.  I love Becca’s little kitchen tree and what it so badly setting in my kitchen!  Let’s make a deal!  LOL

    For some more photos of my Christmas Kitchen.

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews