Seasonal Planter

    My pots at the front steps were in a desperate state.  

    You know when planters and pots get at that in-between stage:    end of one season and you haven’t bother to plant for the following season. 

    Well, that’s what my planters looked like.

    Carved-Faux-Pumpkin

    It was my day off and I didn’t feel like much like driving into town to buy some new plants and I’m still recouping from spending more money on my son’s birthday present than I wanted to (Playstation 3 Move).

    So what to do on a zero budget?

    Fall-Wildflower-Planter

    Walk around the yard and cut some weeds wildflowers, trimmings, and branches.  The purple perennials are still holding on but the rest of the plants are gone now. 

    I started by cutting some willow branches for height and added other trimmings and wildflowers in the front to fill. 

    Faux-Pumpkin-on-Shepards-Hook

    A cute little faux pumpkin that I carved hangs from a Sheppard's hook.  The hook was left over from a landscape lighting that came with both a hook and a stem.  It’s like getting a free gift!

    Carrie 

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews