Wood Worker’s Workshop

    I dare you to say that three times fast :D

    I cleared my calendar on Friday so I could spend the day with my parents and my youngest son at the wood workshop in Hickory, NC.   (Incase anyone lives in the area, the workshop is FREE and will be going on all day Saturday.)

    There was a lot to see, a lot to buy (just ask my father), and a lot to learn. 

    _MG_2410

    This guy was making a wooden hat!

    _MG_2407

    How cool is this?  A style for everyone ;P

    _MG_2418

    My son and I sat an watched this gentleman carve a pumpkin.

    _MG_2420

    He made it look so easy using only 3 tools.

    *

    *

    *

    Now it was our turn.

    *

    My son and I signed up to try our hands at tuning our own piece of wood.   Again totally free!!!

    _MG_2394

    We started with a rectangle piece of wood and shaped it to a cylinder.

    _MG_2400

    _MG_2403

    Here I’m shaping my piece of wood into a object. 

    Any guesses on what I’m making?

    *

    *

    *

    *

    *

    Hand turned Honey Dipper

    A honey dipper.

    It was my whole reason for going!  Just joking.

    Have a safe Halloween weekend,

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews