Selecting Wall Color

    I’m not an expert at selecting wall color.  I usually pick a color and hope for the best.  Hey, it’s only paint, right?  However, when we’re talking about painting a two-story foyer plus the ceiling in the entire opened area of the second floor….. then picking the right color really does matter!  I did the scaffolding about ten years ago and I’m certain that what ever I choose now will have to last me another 10 years.  This is not a room that you just wake up one morning and decide to paint. 

    _MG_6805

    So I actually taking the time to view paint sample.  With my Sherwin Williams paint deck, I headed over to Lowes and had 7 paint Valspar samples mixed up.  Valspar samples are a bit cheaper and they the colors are dead on to SW. 

    _MG_6812

     

    Then I quickly ran into Wal-Mart for a package of poster boards, painted my samples, and hung them up on the wall.   Okay,  my kids thought I was crazy because they say all the colors look the same!!  Yet, they’re the first ones to give me their opinions. 

    I’ve moved the samples around from wall to wall, trying to see how the paint will look under  different day light.  The Hubs and my daughter have picked out their favorite (ironically, it’s the same color!) but I’m not sure if I found the right color yet. 

    Oh, I wanted to mention, I met with a professional painter about painting the space.  He saw all my samples and knew right away that they were SW colors, but without knowing that it was Valspar paint, he told me how he works only with Valspar paints and how well he thought they performed!  Good to know….

    I paid for the samples above, but Valspar Paint is giving away 1,000 free paint project starter kits a day! 

    Just visit Facebook.com/ValsparPaint and click “Like” to receive their FREE postage-paid paint project starter kit.  Choose from Genevieve Gorder’s palette or any of the 3,000 Valspar paint colors!

    Well, I “Like” and  received my sample kit on Saturday.  Yay!  It included an 8 oz. paint sample, mini roller, paint try PLUS a $5. off coupon!!!  What color did I choose? 

    The pretty aqua blue color I used on my Back Door Wreath

    How interior designer, Rebbeca Robeson selects paint color

    I found this video interesting and want to share! 

    What’s your thoughts….

     Which comes first??? 

    Wall color or big ticket items,textiles, and artwork?

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews