Spring Wreath

    Spring Bunny Wreath

     

    I’ve been wanting to make a spring

    wreath ever since I took down the

    Christmas wreath.  Then I got

    motivated, when a few days

    ago, Kristen from

    Kristen’s Creations

    showed a wonderful

    tutorial on how she made her

    fabulous mesh wreath. 

     

    Spring Wreath close up

     

     

    I went to Michael’s

    to buy all my

    supplies. 

    DIY-Spring-Wreath--supplies

    When you get to the last photo you will see a photo of my front door, it’s very tall door, so I choose a grapevine wreath that had an oblong shape to better fill the space vertically.  I just happen to stumble on this welcome bunny sign.  I’m not crazy about the colors that someone decided to paint it, but I purchased it anyways with a 50% off coupon.

    DIY-Spring-Wreath--step-1-adding-tulle

     

    I don’t think I picked up the

    same tulle that Kristen uses.

    Her tulle seamed to have body

    and stiffness.  The tulle I used

    was from the wedding section

    and is soft and limp. 

    I cut 2 foot lengths and tied them

    around the base of the wreath.

    Garland wreath hanger

    Next, I added the cute little garland.  The end of the garland had a loop at one end, so I thought I could poke the loop to the back of the wreath form and use that to hang my wreath!

    Painted Bunny- Before and after

    Next, I decided to repaint the bunny with some lovely spring colors.  After I painted, I need to add the “welcome” back.  I was going to use my Cricut to either cut vinyl or a stencil, but at 1 o’clock in the morning,  I decided to take the plunge and free hand the letters with black paint.  Aughhh…… now I would have been willing to pay full price. 

    painted eggs

    I couldn’t find any pretty pastel color eggs either.  I bought a bag of yellow speckled eggs and hand painted them the colors I wanted! 

    This would have been a really quick project if I didn’t have to customize the store bought pieces.

    DIY-Spring-Wreath--details

     

     I let the paint dry and went to

    bed!  First thing the next

    morning I hot glued the eggs

     and the bunny in place.

     Michael’s had these really

    cute butterflies on sale!  They

    have a little clip on the back,

    making it super easy to add to

    the wreath.

    Spring-Bunny-Wreath

    I tied a few small pieces of bright pink ribbon, that I had on hand,

    to add a POP of color!

    Spring-Wreath

    I love how it turned out!  Thanks Kristen for the inspiration.

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews