Boy’s Belt Holder

    I showed a glimpse of this holder in my last post but  after I saw the photos I felt like it needed to be “kicked up a notch”.

    Before

    IMG_2441

    and BAM!!!   After

    IMG_2598

    I was thinking in my head I wanted to add some cute  stars but I didn’t have any in the craftroom.  I even tried the closest free store to me {my mom’s craftroom}.   he he he   Keeping this a totally free-to-me project, I had to use what I already had.  

    Here’s how this project began:

    Start with a rescued plaque from the attic (where there are hundreds)

    IMG_2603Remove the any metal, lightly sand, prime, and spray paint a glossy white. 

    While the paint is drying,  here’s the supplies used.IMG_2424

    Once the paint was dried,  super-glue the clothes pins in place using Gorilla Super-Glue.  This glue rocks!!! You don’t have to cut the tip off and it doesn’t turn to a hard rock after one use…. like the other super-glues. 

    IMG_2429

    Cut a strip of ribbon the width of the plaque.  Be sure to apply a small touch of Fray Check to the ends to keep  from raveling.   Add some vinyl lettering to the top. 

    IMG_2595

    To add the BAM factor:

    Use more super-glue to apply little wooden squares that have been painted blue and add vinyl numbers!!! 

    IMG_2602  

     

    IMG_2597

    Linked to these parties:

  •  

     

    Happy Mother’s Day,

     Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews