Painted Ceiling Fan

    Do you remember this girlish fan that hangs in my youngest son’s bedroom?

    IMG_2547

    It’s white…it’s plain….it’s B.O.R.I.N.G!!!

    Well…..not anymore……

    IMG_2581

    IMG_2553

    {sorry for the awful photos.  I had a dickens of a time photographing it}

    I simply removed the fan blades and spray painted! 

     

    Here’s how I did it:

    {cause you know you want to do this too}

     

    • Remove the fan blades with a screw driver.  (assuming you want them a different color) 
    • Clean all the parts really well!
    • Protect the areas that you don’t want painted with masking tape and newspaper.  I masked off the ceiling and the electrical light sockets.
    • Open up a window to provide good ventilation. 
    • Spray paint the motor assembly of the fan and the screws one color.  (2 coats)
    • Spray paint the fan blades another color.  (2 coats) 

    IMG_2549

    IMG_2551

    • Let the paint dry.
    • Remove masking tape and paper.
    • Reassemble the fan blades to the motor mount.
    • Turn on the fan.
    • Step back and WOW yourself and your family!!!

    One last thing about the paint…..

    Red paint ~ Krylon Fusion (Wal-mart)

    Silver paint~ I used a combination of these two spray paints.  The Valspar (Lowes) was the first coat because it has a deep dark under tone.  The Rust-Oleum (Wal-mart) was used as the top coat because it has a light shimmering quality.  Almost to the point of being glitter-like.  I like the way the two paints worked together to give it dimension. 

    IMG_2586

    IMG_2571

    IMG_2570

    IMG_2582

    IMG_2584

    I just can’t get over how well this turned out.  Again I’m sorry the photos aren’t doing it justice.  This is a project that I had been thinking about for awhile and now I couldn’t be more excited about the way it turned out :D

    Linking to these Party’s:

    Hugs & Kisses,

     

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews