Matching Camera and Camera Bag Strap

     

    I’ve been working on a few projects for other people that I thought I would take some time and make something for myself.

     

    {Camera Strap}

    I love all the camera strap covers that I have seen around the bloggy world!  This idea is so simple that you ask yourself, “Why didn’t I think of that?”

    I knew I would need to make mine out of dark colors on the fact that this camera gets toted all over.  {I’m currently struggling to keep a creamy white purse clean.  Yikes!} I also knew that I didn’t want to add any 3-D items like ruffles, bows, and fabric flowers.  Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re adorable!  However, sometimes I ask my hubby or kiddos to hold on to the camera and I was just trying to think of them.  Ha Ha

    At Hobby Lobby, I found a black and white floral fabric and fell in love instantly.  I combined it with some leftover material from my darling daughter’s curtains.

    Here’s my version:

    IMG_5664

    No flowers, no ruffles, no bows, but…..

    a little monogram!!!! 

    Yes, I’m one of the lucky ones to own an embroidery machine.  Haven’t used it in years. 

    {funny little story…. went to clean my sewing/embroidery machine after a long hibernation and found 3 pins and 1 zipper foot down inside the bottom of the machine!  Think that might affect the way it stitches?}

    IMG_5666

    I surprised myself again.  I’m really not a fan of blue!  Could my taste be changing? Nahhhh, it was just what I had on hand already.  

    I didn’t use the blue fabric for the entire inside.  The inside of the strap starts and finishes with the black and white fabric and the blue fabric is only in the middle.  {photo#1 shows this the best}

    *The sad truth… I had a French tip manicure done 3 days before this photograph was taken.  If you look closely, my pointer fingernail is completely covered in silver spray paint!

    IMG_5678

    When it was all done and I was going to return the camera back to the camera bag….something was missing. 

    A girl needs to coordinate!!!! 

     

    {A Strap for the Camera Bag}

     

    I left it very simple… black and white on the top side and blue on the inside.   I thought about monogramming my entire name but I figured the shoulder pad would cover most of it up. 

    IMG_5679

     Matchy…. Matchy

    IMG_5689

    Using one of the kids camera. 

    Why does it always look like I need to comb my hair? 

    I would comb it more often if the 3 kids and 2 dogs would allow the time.  The fact that it’s not in a ponytail says it’s a good day!

    IMG_5694

    While were talking about cameras, I wanted to show you one product that I can’t live without.  

    The Nikon Lens Pen Cleaner

    nikon-lens-pen-cleaning-system-7072

    It has a brush on one side and this magical little felt-like tip {best way I can think to describe it} on the other.  Brush off any large dust particles with the brush and then in a circular motion gently rub the felt-like tip over the lens.  I like to start in the center and work my way out.  Perfectly cleaned ever time!  These make great gifts and I even use them to clean my sunglasses!!! {NO I’m not getting endorsed by this product or company}

     

    Linking to these parties,

  •  

    Photograph in Style,

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews