Closet Organizing

     

    {Lil’ Boy’s Closet}

    Yes, I’m still working on my youngest son’s closet.  The good news is it’s almost done!!!   Here’s what I’ve been working on:

    Labeling and Organizing

    IMG_2391 

    Here I added some vinyl to the buckets and some ribbon to the bins.  I can’t believe how well the bins, buckets, and baskets all work it this space.  I purchased all of them after the shelving was built! And that plastic bin on the bottom fits perfect!  It use to be stored under the bed because it was long and awkward. 

    IMG_2350

    IMG_2382

    IMG_2379

    Here’s a close-up of the ribbon folded to make a label frame.  I used fabric glue to tack the corners, pressed with a warm iron, and used fabric glue again to attach to the baskets.  Then printed out a label on the computer.

    IMG_2358

    Added more vinyl!  I tried adding just red vinyl lettering to the clear plastic buckets but the lettering didn’t show up very well.  So I cut a solid red vinyl square and added white lettering on top. 

    IMG_2365

    I created this “belts & more” holder for the closet wall.  I went out looking for either a ready made board with hooks or just the hooks alone to make my own.  Either choice put me in the $15-$20 range.  Meanwhile, I kept thinking about another project that I saw a few weeks back at the House of Smith’s. I knew I had some bright red clothes pins and all the other supplies at home!  A total free-to-me project!  Don’t you love it when that happens? 

    IMG_2439  

    Whew…. It’s getting close to being called….. Finished.  I needed to purchase a few more boards to complete the shelving.  However, when I went back to the hardware store {two weeks later}  the prices of the boards went up $12 per board!  Ouch!!!!  And now I’ve been pouting about it for awhile.  Hubby says, “Just get them!  You’ll need them to finish.”   Now I have been to several stores and all of them raised the price.  Apparently a memo was sent out and I didn’t get mine.  Did you get yours? 

     

    Happy Organizing,

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews