Spring Bouquet Tutorial

     

    Now that warmer weather has finally arrived, I needed to add some accessories that are light and airy.   

     

    Here’s a quick project to welcome warmer weather

    IMG_2268

     

     Start with a bag of decorative stones and a small glass container.

    {both purchased from Wal-Mart}

    IMG_2215 

    Fill the bottom of the glass container with the stones until entire bottom is covered.

    IMG_2223 

    Trim a piece of floral foam to fit loosely inside the container.  I try to use what I’ll already have in my craft room and this is all I could fine.  {tree shaped styrofoam} It actually worked out great because my glass container is tapered some on the sides.

    If you have never worked with floral foam before, it cuts really easy.  I mad a score line where I need to cut with my fingernail and cut it with a butter knife.

    IMG_2220

    Here’s what you should have. 

    *Ignore the four holes in the top of the foam.  My foam must have been used for another project????

    Notice the space around the sides.

    IMG_2224

    Fill around the outside edges of the foam with the stones.

    *** One thing I did discover, if I slowly filled a little in each corner with stones and keep working my way up and around, the foam would stay in the center .  Did that make sense??? 

    NO

    You don’t want to fill one side only because all the stone will push the foam over and you won’t be able to fit any stones in on the other side.

    OK

    IMG_2232

    Now we need to cover the foam.  I used a piece of sheet moss and 3 of these floral pins.  You might be able to use hot glue or even a paper clip to hold in place.  That’s what I would have done, but I just happened to have some of these left-over from another project.

    IMG_2236

    IMG_2241 

    Now you see it…..

    IMG_2243

     Now you don’t…..

    IMG_2244

     You’ll need 9 floral stems of your choice.  I used 2 floral-bunches to complete this project.   Each bunch had 5 stems.  {purchased from Michael's}

    *Save your scissors and get yourself a good pair of wire cutters.  Trust me…. they come in hand for so many things!!!

    IMG_2225

    Poke the floral stems in 3 rows of 3.

    Like this pattern:

    *      *      *

    *      *      *

    *      *      *

    I didn’t hot glue the flower stems in because I was worried about having a mess of hot glue on the moss.  I suppose I could  have used a liquid glue…..

    Lastly, add some raffia!!!

    IMG_2264 

    IMG_2253

    IMG_2261

    IMG_2251

    Linking to these parties:

     

    Fondly,

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews