The Georgia Trust Historic Home Tour, Rome Georgia

    Hi Everyone! Hope you've had a fantastic day! I've been enjoying your talent and creativity as I've visit many of the fabulous "Before and Afters" you linked for Metamorphosis Monday. Quite a few new links were added even today...check them out and you will come away inspired to tackle your own home projects. :-)

    I have a fun Ideabook to share with you today, but first, I thought I'd share some pics of a beautiful historic home I had the opportunity to tour last month when a friend and I went on The Georgia Trust Spring Ramble. This year, the spring ramble was in Rome, Georgia. The Georgia Trust spring and fall rambles are always fantastic tours, providing a chance to tour a large number of private residences in the city where the tour is being held. My friends and I always buy the one day, Saturday ticket...which seems a bit pricey until you factor in that it includes 3 meals for the day. Plus, supper is always a catered affair with delicious food and an open bar. If you live in or near Georgia, visit The Georgia Trust site HERE to read about their upcoming fall tour. The fall tour will be in Atlanta and the spring 2011 tour will be held in Macon. If you love historic homes, you will love The Georgia Trust tours!

    I took a lot of pics of the homes we toured in the district known as, "Between the Rivers." I'll share those sometime soon. Tonight, I wanted to take you inside the last place we ended up the day of the tour. Dinner was held on the grounds of the Colonial Heights Plantation, a beautiful historic home located near Cave Spring, Georgia.


    The gardens around Colonial Heights were really pretty...







    Here's the front of the home...




    The side...




    The back view...



    This room was on the lower level...I think it was the room where the children would have played and the family would have spent much of their time...



    The dining room was across the hall. It was beautifully furnished. I lingered there a long time and then came back and drooled some more before heading home for the day.




    Another view of the dining room...



    I don't remember now if this was called a parlor or a music room...but I will never forget what I experienced here. One of the grandchildren of the owners was playing the object you see on the table called a cylinder music box. It filled the room with the most beautiful, rich sounds of music. It was truly unlike anything I've ever heard before! I was shocked to hear the wonderful music coming out of that relatively small box. Have you ever heard a music box before? This one was truly special...the whole tour was worth just those few moments listening in this beautiful room.




    One of the bedrooms...




    Downstairs hallway....




    Living Room...perhaps called a drawing room back in the day...or maybe it was the men's parlor.




    First floor hallway/foyer...



    Another bedroom/playroom...


    We dined on smoked barbecue under huge white tents, out on the lawn. The food was fantastic!




    These cuties were outside in a fenced-in area. The friend I was with kept insisting they were sheep. (LOL) Even this city girl knew these were cows.




    They had the sweetest faces.


    Hope you enjoyed this little tour of Colonial Heights Plantation.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews