Leap Frog

     

    Last year I purchased this little leap frog yard art from Lowes.   There was several bare spot in the landscape that need fillin’.   They are cute but they didn’t look like this last year.IMG_2624

    Before.

     

    {Before me and my first ever can of ORB!}

    IMG_2594

    Oil Rubbed Bronze (ORB)!!!  I finally found some at my local Wal-Mart, after months of looking everywhere.  Why did I only buy one can???  Surely I wasn’t thinkin clearly that day.  I went back in a few days later to buy some more…… only 2 cans left on the shelf.  Uugh.   Apparently others have been looking for it too. 

    IMG_2627

    I wanted some depth and dimension, so I spayed lightly in areas.  Can you see some of the original green peaking through?        Yes, this was planned .        I promise.

    IMG_2609

    I still felt like it was a little flat.  Nothing a little “Copper” colored craft paint couldn’t fix.  {you know… the little tubes of paint found in the craft section for ‘bout a dollar}  With very little paint on the brush,  lightly brush over the top.   Oooohh and the eyes needed color.

    IMG_2608

    I like a little surprise in the garden but I’m not  the “IN YOUR F. A. C. E. ” yard art kind of person.  I love how it turned out.  A subtle whimsy.  Just what the garden needed! 

    IMG_2615

    Linked to these Parties:

     

    Happy Spray Painting,

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews