Christmas Crafting

    What have I been up to lately?  Mostly running around in circles!  Do you feel the same way?

    I wanted to share a few projects that I’ve working on. 

    Christmas tree

    The Christmas Tree.  This is entirely different from the tree we usually put up.  In years past,  our family tree is set up in the dining room and is very formal.  However, this year I wanted to showcase the traditional side of our Christmas with things that our homemade and have sentimental value.  Our first tree in the living room!

    ornament

     

    santa stop here ornament

    I saw something similar to the above two ornaments at Cracker Barrel.  I cut out pieces of wood, designed in Photoshop, printed out on glossy photo paper, and attached with two-sided tape. 

    pinecone snowman ornament

    Here’s an ornament that I made years ago for the kids tree in our classroom.  Pinecone, Styrofoam ball, felt & fabric straps, paint, hot glue and snow paint.

    sock ornament

    Here’s another ornament for our class room tree.  Child’s sock (I used new ones), paint, wooden button, bell, fabric straps, glue, white doll hair and a bell.

    Tree topper

    Tree topper.

    Christmas Vingette

    Our living room vignette.  This is silly but this took me days to decide how I wanted to arrange this.  I still tweaked before taking the photograph!  The merry & bright I saw this on another blog and loved it, so I had to make one myself.  The two lower artworks are from my kiddos craft projects from years past and the snowmen and Santa plaques are made by my mom years ago! 

    Easy-to-do craft:  Take quilters fabric squares and Mod-Podge them to a piece of thin wood.  Embellish with glitter fabric paint! I have some that she did in fall prints too. 

    Christmas garland and valance

    I have two French doors that lead out to the deck that I added garland to the top of the cornices.  I love the look of  this simple garland!  Looks so real and full.

    christmas bathroom

    The powder room.  A few touches of Christmas in the powder room by adding garland over the mirror and white and gold poinsettias.

    christmas touches in the bathroom

    That’s not wall paper!  All hand stenciled!!  I woke up one weekend with a wild hair thinking I’ll add a little detail to the powder room walls and it would only take me a few hours.  Ha ha.  One week later it was finished. 

    holiday trash bags

    Even the trash can gets in on the holiday spirit!

    pink christmas tree with silver ornaments

    My daughters Christmas tree.  She’s not overly girlie girl and she wanted to paint her room blue but….. 1.  I’m not a fan of blue and 2.  She’s my only daughter.  This mom wouldn’t have it so I begged and begged till I got my own way and painted her room 3 walls pink and 1 wall blue.   To my surprise she picked out a pink Christmas tree!

    pink christmas tree

    Silver ornaments.  Some new and some she has received from our tradition of Letters from Santa.

    wreath of coffe filters

    After catching an episode of Martha Stewart, I made for my daughter's room a coffee filter wreath!   See I don’t drink coffee and have had a box of filters in my house for years!  Glad I didn’t through them away because this is so cute.  I added glitter to the tips of the filters! 

    snowflake wreath

    I also added a wreath to my youngest son’s room!  Very simple.  I think he would have exploded if I added anymore holiday decorations inside his room. LOL      Have a great weekend! 

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews