A Tree Just for Him

    Kids love the holidays, and decorating my son’s bedroom was at the top on my must-do holiday activities.  

    My youngest son’s bedroom has a red, white, and blue color scheme without the patriotic or nautical theme.   

    Boys Christmas Bedroom

    It would have been very easy for me to go over the top with my holiday touches but my son kept me under control. ha ha

    Boy's Christmas Bedroom

    At the top of his head board, his initials and a simple snowflake.

    DIY Glitter snowflake

    This snowflake was cut out of foam board.   I used Google image to find a simple snowflake outline.  I love this one because it had a star center.  Next I printed out the pattern using the same process I used to print multiple pages.   I cut out the image, traced on foam board, and had hubby cut the snowflake out.  {incorporate the elves when necessary}  Lastly, I brushed with glue and sprinkled with glitter.  I would love to add a few more snowflakes if my little elves aren’t busy with other projects.

    RED, WHITE, and blue  Boys Christmas Tree

    The red, white, and blue Christmas tree.  It’s cute without being over the top.   I only wished the star on top lit up.

    Glitter pom pom tree topper

    I wanted the tree topper to look like fireworks!  I glued different sized tinseled pom-poms to a silver tinseled chenille stems.   After attaching to the tree I twisted the stems around my finger.  This reminds me of sparklers that the kids run around with! 

    Glitter star Boys Christmas Tree

     

    boys Christmas tree shirt

    I made this simple tree skirt by sewing a wired red and white striped ribbon to a red felt circle.  My original thought was to create a tree shirt that resembled a rose compass {you know… North, South, East, and West}!  Wouldn't that have been cute?  My eleven year old said it would have been okay if he was eight.  Kids!?!?!

    I believe Banner- Boys bedroom

    Don’t you think this is the cutest saying for a kids banner?  I tried to stay really simple with this, but in the end I had to add the red beads and the red trimmed on the edges to make it pop just a little more.

    decorated kids room for christmas

    Simple but festive!

    Carrie

     

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews