Christmas Foyer

    I’ve kept it simple in the foyer, simply because I am running out of time to complete everything on my to-do list.    Let me show you how I transformed store bought stockings.

    Upgraded store bought stocking

    I started with 3 beautiful velvet stockings.  Green for the boys and red from my daughter.  However, if I could do it over again, I would have chosen one color for all three kids. 

    I embellished the cuff of the stocking with simple gold beads that are hand sewn on using clear thread.

    transformed store bought stocking

    Used some fabric glue to tack on a gold cording around the edge of the stocking.

    stockings hung by the stairwell

    Yes, I went all out by embroidering their names on the cuff in gold metallic thread!

    foyer bow

    Single ribbon bow.

    Christmas foyer

    The morning sun was not making it easy to photograph the foyer.  The sun is out but it is freezing here!  I have several stands of light strung through the garland and is spectacular at night! 

    On a side note, I really hate our stairway.  I always have despised it from day one!  This very well may be one of my projects for 2011!   Let’s keep our fingers crossed that I get to this project!  This foyer needs molding, wrought iron spinals, redesigned steps, artwork and new paint color!  {okay maybe a small explosive and I’ll start from scratch} 

    simple christmas foyer

    Simple arrangement.

    Reindeer

    I forgot to show a photo of my little reindeer up on the TV armoire!  I got these years ago from Jo-Ann Fabrics.  I layered a string of lights and sparkly batting underneath. It’s just beautiful at night!

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews