I {heart} Craigslist!

    After seeing all the wonderful finds you great ladies have been snatching up from Craigslist, I just had to check it out myself. 

    See a few nights ago, as I was hopping into bed, I said to the Hubby, “I think I need check out Craigslist to see if I can find Austin a nightstand”.  So the very next morning, I hopped (what?  you don’t hop in and out?) out of bed and jumped onto the computer, typed in Craigslist, and spotted this “perfect” nightstand in less than 2 minutes.  With a few emails and phone calls, I was making arrangements for the Hubby to pick them up!!!  How lucky am I?

    Value City Nightstand

    I was asking so many questions (he he) that the seller sent me a link to Value City furniture store to check out the nightstands that he purchased a few months ago and now had for sale.  

    The cost:  $50. for two!

    SOLD

    IMG00328

    IMG00327

    Here they are in my Dad’s workshop stripped of hardware and getting ready to be painted.

    {Sorry for the poor quality photos.  I have never been impressed with my Blackberry camera}

    clip-art

    ~After~

    black-modern-nightstand

    My Dad has a really nice paint sprayer that hooks up to a air-compressor!  Now I have no idea how to set it up and really need to have some lessons….. because I jumped right in feet first and ended up with a few runs and other issues.  Not to worry… my Dad to the rescue (again)!  After I sanded it down, HE applied a nice even coat of paint for me.   Thanks you Dad!

    nightstand-hardware

    I didn’t have to do anything with the knobs.  Love them just as they are!

    I know I have been asking questions from a few of you that were also refurbishing furniture about the same time I was working on the nightstands! Since taken these photographs, I have added a couple coats of Polyurethane to protect them.

    headboard and nightstand molding

    I really like the way the molding on the nightstands compliment the molding on the bed.

    modern-teen-boy's-bedroom

    I kicked poor Austin out of bed and made his bed in a hurry so that I could get some photos.  Probably should have taken a little more time to fix the details.  Oops

    While out looking for curtain fabric, I found Euro pillow forms on sale!  These white pillow shams came with the bedding and I think this is exactly what it needed along. 

    If you have been following along during this makeover, you know that I have been struggling with all the black in this room.  I’m not a decorator but doesn’t the addition of the white just make this room POP?

    Craigs-list-nightstand

    We’re getting closer to finishing!

    I got two great projects to share with youcoming soon!  The large frame (shown on the nightstand) I have a tutorial on that and also the most fabulous addition to this room yet!!!!  This one makes me think this room could be in a magazine! Can’t wait to share it with you.Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews